Street Outlaws

I never setup a race as fast as they set up six of em. Never had anyone agree to money before looking over the opponents car. Never had anyone pay as easily as any of those payoffs. Scripted? I'm thinkin so. Mr tuffenuff well, he is 10k ahead. I wouldn't be too eager to drive 15hrs to go double r nothin either.
They obviously prepped the street as you could see the burnout marks(i guess cut out for time). No chase is a race, no arguing on the lengths, really nothing like any of the street racing I've done in the past.
Great entertainment . Mr big chief is quite the narrator.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So Tuff said if you don't prep the street, that's not street racing?:confused: So out of hundreds of races I have done on the street don't count
because it wasn't prepped. I think that guy is a idiot and contradicted himself.

Coach, you're taking about 10's in the mid 90s, but the serious OKC guys were running deep into the 9's in the mid-late 90's. The gold car (Varley's) was a mid-9 car circa 97-99, and this was evidenced at our annual Ford vs. Buick event that we hold, Daddy Dave was driving it then. I was cruising around with my buddy in his low 10 second (434ci+blower) corvette and he was sort of on the lower end of these guys.

I'm sure for every town with a group of really serious racers, there's going to be a comparably fast group of guys to race, but I think it's all about the appeal of those groups. For example, Houston - they are roll racers and Texas Mile-rs as far as I know... they don't stand a chance in the 1/8th mile. Go to the East Coast - and they are 1/8th track grudge racers, to go OKC and DFW, and they are street racers from a dig - maybe due to the lack of interest and availability of race events where many cars would qualify and fit classes. Go the West Coast and there are pockets of street racers because the track can't stay open... I think in general, that's how some really fast street racers end up where they end up - cars being tuned for their environment.
I wasnt talking about the fastest of the fast. My buddy Jimmy Kolbrick had a 7 sec 63 Pontiac Tempest CONVERTIBLE in 1995 with a 640 Merlin and drove it as often as he could. Rod Saboury had a 57 Vette he used to bring to Canfield every summer and it was a 7 sec "street car". My buddy Lon Williams' 70 Nova 468 iron block was driven all the time and ran 8's. They were all NOS cars...no turbos or blowers. A big cube engine and a red button was the ticket back then.
I was refering to the guys who hid all their performance goodies in order to bet big $$$ and catch the other guy off guard.
The Chicago Hitmen were the group of street racers that nobody wanted any part of back then. I wish I still had the video I had of them.

So Tuff said if you don't prep the street, that's not street racing?:confused: So out of hundreds of races I have done on the street don't count
because it wasn't prepped. I think that guy is a idiot and contradicted himself.

That isn't what he was saying, he was saying just the opposite. He said real street racing is about taking advantage of every single opportunity because it is all about money. If OKC doesn't want to prep their side, that is their choice, but at the same time OKC cannot complain if other's want to prep their side when racing against them. This is why Tuff referred to them as the "kings of the slippery road". Tuff runs low sevens in the 1/4, that kind of power will fry the tires on the street. He needs to prep his side otherwise it isn't a race, it is a pedal fest, it is a joke. He isn't saying that you not prepping isn't street racing, he's saying the opposite. He's saying that you not prepping for a street race is like racing with one hand tied behind your back, when you should be taking advantage of every single opportunity. Have you ever raced for $5,000? Do you know what runs through your mind as it is happening? Would you feel comfortable running against vehicles with heavy duty traction control for that kind of money, with you having none? That is what he is talking about...

That isn't what he was saying, he was saying just the opposite. He said real street racing is about taking advantage of every single opportunity because it is all about money. If OKC doesn't want to prep their side, that is their choice, but at the same time OKC cannot complain if other's want to prep their side when racing against them. This is why Tuff referred to them as the "kings of the slippery road". Tuff runs low sevens in the 1/4, that kind of power will fry the tires on the street. He needs to prep his side otherwise it isn't a race, it is a pedal fest, it is a joke. He isn't saying that you not prepping isn't street racing, he's saying the opposite. He's saying that you not prepping for a street race is like racing with one hand tied behind your back, when you should be taking advantage of every single opportunity. Have you ever raced for $5,000? Do you know what runs through your mind as it is happening? Would you feel comfortable running against vehicles with heavy duty traction control for that kind of money, with you having none? That is what he is talking about...

Tuff had a good response and I'm sure he felt the need to defend himself, but as he stated he is a fan of the show and he knows the OKC guys have not prepped the road in 3 seasons. He gets them to drive all that way to his turf and then preps his lane and throws down a $10k bet. That is BS and weak imo.

When he gets his own show then he can define street racing any way he likes.

These 405 guys don't have a problem racing for 10K or whatever it's Discovery ch money! If I had a 7 sec car and raced on the street hell yeah I would prep the shit out of my lane!

And what he said about other dates for the revenge race I thought the same thing find a date you can both agree on.

No one twisted anyone's arm to run for that amount in an unprepared lane(they burned something so they did some prep). No one is given anything, it is about what you negotiate, and the 405 Sat and took it. They should have negotiated better terms.
We used to try all manner of things. Racing each other to stir interest, putting a girl in the driver seat, giving/ taking lengths then the "winning" car races their guy and looses a little then you hook them in on a "bigger bet" when they feel good about beating the "winner" even though the losing car is faster. Then taking the money. I know it worked more than once in the out lying areas. Part of the "fun" of street racing.

I was even part of getting the short end of one of these in Waco one year by A certain transmission builder from Richmond in a certain blue limited. Just street racing. Sometimes you win, sometimes you go home lighter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

did u hear what he said at the the end??10k dont buy u nothing... so makes me belive is all BS money..

My bad I totally misunderstood him. I watched the video again and makes sense.

their not street cars. their full blown race cars that they race on the street. if u gotta trailer it to wherever ur goin then it definitely aint no street car.

drive ur car 3 hours to the race track like Bison did and click off a 9 second pass then drive 4 hours back sittn in traffic THEN you can call ur car a STREET car.....

their not street cars. their full blown race cars that they race on the street. if u gotta trailer it to wherever ur goin then it definitely aint no street car.

drive ur car 3 hours to the race track like Bison did and click off a 9 second pass then drive 4 hours back sittn in traffic THEN you can call ur car a STREET car.....
I don't think a show like that would exist. Real cars driving on the streets without being closed for filming would probably hold D.C. liable for any incidents.
I guess we will just have to watch youtube. Lol.

I don't think a show like that would exist. Real cars driving on the streets without being closed for filming would probably hold D.C. liable for any incidents.
I guess we will just have to watch youtube. Lol.
they don't close the streets for their races. they find an open street and run. street racing is illegal anywhere on the street. there is no such thing as closing the streets to film. its not a movie set.

they don't close the streets for their races. they find an open street and run. street racing is illegal anywhere on the street. there is no such thing as closing the streets to film. its not a movie set.

I disagree... Movie, documentary, TV whatever I don't think it matters. It's all about the almighty dollar and I bet the Discovery ch has enough.

Yeah street racing is illegal but this is reality TV. So is Moonshining and they have a show too.

It's not "street racing" it's a TV show produced for profit. Cool cars and such but still nonsense.

I disagree... Movie, documentary, TV whatever I don't think it matters. It's all about the almighty dollar and I bet the Discovery ch has enough.

Yeah street racing is illegal but this is reality TV. So is Moonshining and they have a show too.
yea and moonshining is illegal right? but they still film it. of course its to make money. what else did u think the show is there for? for charity?

Haha, just watched that lost episode compilation by Chicago posted on the first page of this thread. Favorite parts had to of been one of the Discovery Channel crew telling Farmtruck to throw his money in the air looking for a bet against Chi-Town starting at 9:30, as well as the look on Farmtruck's face after Tuff wins at 10:23 while saying something to the effect of damn, shit, or wow, and of course the infamous Varley walk looking completely dazed and confused in that NWA looking gangster hat immediately after at 10:25 lol...

Gotta admit, Tuff annihilated him, and Dave shouldn't have raced him if he felt that all of that street prep wasn't street racing. But in the end, Dave accepted the challenge and lost. Nobody should be calling the rematch shots other than Tuff because he won, that's the way its done. Tuff was pressured being on tv to just accept the rematch, when he SHOULD have just said lets go again right now, prep your whole damn lane...

Killer music starting at 6:14 by the way...

When you run on someone elses home turf it's not your rule anymore:) We always liked to run off bridges, knew if one side hooked better, and really loved the "rocky" pavement cause almost no one could drive on it. Moonshiners is scripted and not real, as is Street outlaws. You tube videos have gotten people arrested, a weekly tv show absolutely would. At least Street outlaws is something we all like...Farm truck is the best!