swap LC2 into a 87ss monte.Anygood websites?

sabersaw30

Just curious where to find some pics on the swap.This will be the first time I have ever pulled a motor.:eek::eek:I have been learning alot on searching the board.

as far as pics...its not gonna look much different than under the hood of a regal. Just look at swaps in any other g-body or N/A regal and it should be the same under the hood.

well you have the whole wrecked Buick there right ??? just swap and learn at the same time. It's not hard just time consuming. :cool:

i saw one on the board,it was a white aerocoupe, bone stock and for sale,the lc2 should have been in monte carlo ss's thats just my opinion but i did see one but it was like a year ago on the board

swap LC2 into a 87ss monte.Anygood websites?

Just curious where to find some pics on the swap.This will be the first time I have ever pulled a motor.:eek::eek:I have been learning alot on searching the board.

this is a great site for everything turbobuick, you also have Gnttype.org with LOTS and LOTS of technical info and a lot less chatter.
like Grumpy said time consuming.
this is probably the easiest swap to do.
BTW i had a 84 Monte with the GN drive train and COMPLETE interior.
Good luck and have fun.

I have an 87 Cutlass with an 87 GN frame & drivetrain. I did not do the initial swap in 1990, but have learned alot going through the car. My thoughts are that you need to have a complete running donor car to start with. Motor, tranny, rear axle, intercooler ,fans ,(along with specialty brackets & hardware)wiring and the computer. Using a factory GN harness to make wiring installation easier.... my car has the complete Buick dash with Disney Tach & Boost gauge, 145 MPH speedo but the rest of the interior is all Oldsmobile. I'm currently doing a custom GNX style except with VDO gauges. The Buick inner fenders were used for mounting sensors & relays. The Cutlass vacuum brake system was retained but the Turbo Regal AC system was swapped in. Besides the 4.3 Monte, the TR was the only other fuel injected G-body with a baffled gas tank. When the stock GN gas tank did not fit, (Regal & Cutlass necks are different) I ordered a tank and neck separately from Rock Auto, and had the Cutlass neck soldered on. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Attachments

• 100_6324.JPG
    100_6324.JPG
    968.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_6322.JPG
    100_6322.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_6326.JPG
    100_6326.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
  • 100_6319.JPG
    100_6319.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
My fuel tank from the donor t type fit on my cutlass with no problems. Make sure you have both car schematics and learn what the wires are for and where they go. It will be a whole lot easier if you had both cars side by side to reference where the parts go.

image-557488736.jpg