SyHopeful, I heard you got some goodies..

volvoman

The Green BEAST
Your e-mail does not work. Eric at work told me you bought some stuff for your GN I would like to know what you got.

He said something about a alky kit. Let us know. Now you will have to go to TTVI :) e-mail me if you want. Or post here.
Chris

I'm ready to order an Alky kit myself but haven't decided between Razors progressive kit or the new SMC progressive kit with the newest controller he just released.

alky

Some of the faster guys up here are using razors kit. My brother has been using the smc alky kit on his gn datsun for I think four or five years.. He is running corn alky now and loves it. I am sure some one will chime in. I posted the same thing on this board Last year I think.
Chris.

Hey man :)

I got a PTE FMIC and an older SMC dual-nozzle alky setup. Used of course, but they were used together on a 10-second 86 GN, so they should be good enough for me :D

Also just installed a Walbro 340 and Racetronix hotwire setup, and I have an Accufab AFPR on it's way too, when that gets in I'm also going to throw in the Thrasher I bought from you; should be fun setting up! Myself and Erik's roommate are probably going to bench test the alky pump tonight; I'm thinking installing it this weekend if you wanna come over and help or just shoot the breeze!

weekend..

I will have to see what is going on with the boss. If you do it on sat might be able to come over for a bit.. When where you thinking of doing it.
One other thing now you are going to need biger turbo like a te-61 with a 3200 stall. Do you have a scan tool at all? You should get somthing like that, or a knock gauge.

Chris

Well actually I'm not so sure it'll be going in this weekend, waiting for the instructions from SMC, unless I can find somebody who is positive they know how to install it? If I do do it, it'll be here at Erik's.

Actually I already have Turbolink, and also a knock gauge because I don't feel like driving around with a laptop 24/7 :p

Hey,
I got the instructions for the SMC kit if you still need it. let me know ,, I will even help you install it.

sounds like a little get together

We could all come over and do the install. I would be watching of course LOL. Let us know, Turbo K has the all The brains it seems..

Well then Kelly, come on over this weekend :) You remember where the place is, right??

What day and time will be good for you guys this weekend? I dont think I have any plans (havent asked the wife yet).

I should get my transmission back on Sunday ~~ still havent got the converter yet .

Let's call it tomorrow (Sat), 11am? Or would the evening be better?

Only thing is I have a study session I'd like to make from 3-5.

Cool,
11 a.m. will work for me. So is Erik the guy I met with the yellow truck ?? I remember where where he lives :)

That's Jason! Erik's the talllll one. Jason's poor Ford hasn't moved for over a month :(

See you in the morning! Chris, you gonna make it?

11am

yeah I will be there . I will drive the green beast too. I might work on mine too a bit I have to hook up a wire for my extender chip.

intercooler

Well went over there and almost had the intercooler done. Rich had to get a reducer so Just wondering how that worked out?

Well, went to Lowe's, Schucks, and Autozone with no success. Went to Midas, bingo! They actually bent me a 3" to 2.5" reducer, for free!

Had a bit of a problem getting the piping in...had to pull the cooling fan, and had some trouble getting it back in as well as the grill, but it's all back together now!

But I do need to either install the alky or cap off the spray line; car runs like crap above ~30% throttle. Sputters and chokes, and I'm positive it's the air bleeding out the line.

Kelly, what happened to you?

And Chris, thanks again for the help :)

Ace hardware

Thats where I got my stuff.. It takes some time.. I am sure you have a bit of lage. what time did you get it done then :)

There was a bit more lag, but I couldn't tell for sure because above 2psi the damn thing sputtered like somebody with Tourette's. Got done around 5:30!