TCC permanently locks after tranny warms up

pure_boost

I just reinstalled a L.U. converter after having a N.L.U. converter for 2 years. The new lock-up converter works perfectly until the car reaches operating temps, at which point the TCC permanently locks up. I put an extra quart of fluid in to prevent cavitation b/c i couldn't really afford a new pan & filter relocation kit right now. Could that be my problem or might the solenoid or TCC valve be binding up after the tranny warms up? Any other possibilities? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the solenoid is bad. Had the same problem on my GN. The TCC would not unlock when the trans reached operating temp.

Dave and Greg, thanks. I guess I'll test the old one to make sure it still works and throw it in tonight or tomorrow. I originally figured I would put a new solenoid in w/ the new converter just in case the old one quit working while the nlu converter was in... guess this will teach me to buy new if i don't have to. Anyway, thanks again. I'll post results sometime over the weekend.

Who would've thought that a new solenoid would be bad. I ohmed the old one out and then put some voltage to it and it checked out ok. Put it in the tranny and test drove it for awhile.....and it works flawlessly! Thanks again guys.