TE-61 efficiency question

Mark

How much boost can I expect to run with a TE-61 before it becomes counterproductive? I'm running a bit over 30psi now. Should I be turning up the timing instead?

Thanks

Sorry Mark, I'm not here to be helpful. But dang! You are running 30 psi already on the 93 and alky?

Our setups are very similar. I'm running 27 psi with 26 degrees timing. I've hit 30+ a few times, but that was by accident. ;)

The only thing not stock on my block is the valve springs.

I keep hoping I will pop the original head gaskets so I can have an excuse to get stupid.

You both have great combos. Do you have track times? I am thinking of upgrading to a TE-60 but didn't know if the heads would be a bottle neck. Guess not, since you are both running TE-61's. :D

The heads ARE a bottleneck, which is why I'm hoping to pop a gasket. ;) But it is a nice streetable combo with good manners and decent spoolup. On the street, a LITTLE lag just makes it a bit easier to keep some traction. My 60 (with the same converter)spooled so fast that I couldn't react to it fast enough to keep the tires from going up in smoke. Now I just have to ease back off the pedal a little bit right before the 1-2 shift and I can keep the car under control.

I understand about the original hg. I still have mine and some people say to go ahead and break the seal but others say to retain the original seal as long as possible.
Any track times?