The Electrical Plug on side of 200-4R.

Check that pressure switch to see if it is in the closed or open position. That is, ohm out between the terminal and the VB casting. If it is open (NO), then the lockup will work correctly as-is. That is, when the trans shifts into 4th the TCC will lockup as the switch closes (with power on the connector terminal).

If you want to have the ECM control the TCC lockup, the switch needs to be a closed type (NC). The stock switches are NC, so that the ECM sees them go open when in that gear.

The 700R4 used both the NC and NO switches, vehicle dependent. So both are available for use in the 200-4R.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks for the info. I want it to work as stock. I really don't want lockup to engage as soon as it hits 4th under any throttle pressure.
I'll check the continuity of that switch.

I'm gonna check Caspers and see if they have the weather pack and harness so that I don't have to rob it out of my stock tranny.

One more thing concerning the 4-prong weather pack/plug on the side of the tranny...

How does it come out? There must be a tab or 2 to squeeze? It's hard to see the back of it.

I just don't want to break it taking it out.

It's time to get this car off stands and back on the road today.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
One more thing concerning the 4-prong weather pack/plug on the side of the tranny...

How does it come out? There must be a tab or 2 to squeeze? It's hard to see the back of it.

I just don't want to break it taking it out.

It's time to get this car off stands and back on the road today.

Thanks.
There are tabs on the backside of the connector. Just squeeze them and pull the connector out. There is an o-ring seal around the connector.

Apparently getting the TCC plug out of the case is easier said than done.

Pliers to squeeze both tabs... Small prybar on back..

Wiggling and not popping out.

Two screwdrivers...

<slip!>. Sharp edges in tranny. We have blood.

Tell me there's an easy way.

I got it out. After trial and error,here's how:

A 1ft prybar with. 45' angle. ...or anything to pry on back of plug so as not to damage the wiring. I used my snap-on with black handle square shank and blade on end. You get the idea.

Push one tab in. Plug cocks to one side. Push other tab. Whack the top of the prybar with your hand.

My o-ring was dry and stuck.

It's a good thing Earl isn't here. I used whack and cock in the same post. That's low hanging fruit for him.

Now onto checking the 4th gear switch (another post)and installing the harness.

As stated above. The way it's wired, they've probably installed a normally open pressure switch for it to work how they want it. For the ecm to see it correctly it needs to have normally closed switches. So you'll likely need both pressure switches from your old trans. Multimeter checks it easy.