Attachments

• 100_0545.jpg
    100_0545.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,217
87 Astro Roof - 59 Codes (special ordered car) It surprised me once I counted
87 T - 72 Codes
87 GN - 89 Codes

kirbans 2 cents worth

On the above Turbo-T with the astroroof that is very unusual to have such a low number of options being someone sprung for the nearly one grand factory astroroof roof.

You would be even more lucky if the original owner unless it was you retained the manila style envelope with the hand crank and directions for operating the astroroof roof should the switch fail. That is the reason for the inspection plug that is next to the switch in the headliner.

Be curious if any one reading these posts have a Turbo Regal without a tilt column? Over the years I think I have had maybe 3 or 4 out of 317......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few no two probably ever alike as quality varied from car to car as
did performance.

Repro RPOs = http://ras001.0catch.com/stickers/stickers.html

I do have a question about RPO label attachment. I know they weren't all attached in the exact same position, but did they all face the same way?

Reason I ask is that I have had 3 cars with the label attached in roughly the same spot with the vin starting at the driver's side and the codes running down toward the passenger side. I have also had one car that had a label that was opposite with the vin toward the passenger side and the codes running down toward the driver's side. Any insight would be great.

83 codes here produced 12/87.... Dennis you actually have a copy of my window sticker and the market adjustment from way back in 96/97 when I stopped by to visit....cost was $17,703.00 with additional $1295.00 Weatherguard package that included lifetime rustproofing...HD undercoating Sound Sheild...5yr paint sealant...Fabric guard...additional $795 for Security 1 alram system and the Market price adjustment of $2000 giving a total of $21,973.00 was titled on 4/19/88

kirban 2 cents worth

Obviousily, none of us were at the plant in Flint when these cars were assembled. Why I am sure for outside placement they had a pattern the labels such as this one and the trunk jacking directions was a hit or miss where ever. I am sure in whatever manual they were given for placement hey tried to follow to some degree.

I know when Pete Serio better known as the window rattle guy, took doors apart to adjust windows (this is on virgin cars) he would find various things in the doors. He even found a soda can in one door.

I know from checking trunks I have found extra trunk U bars in the quarter panels not a part that you would expect to find.

I know a GNX owner when he had his headliner redone found a part up in the roof.

Also some printing of thes elabels wil be very dark type others will be very light impressions. Probably an ink problem when they were being printed since each car would have different codes on it. The labels were probably on a huge roll.

Again much of my imput is guess work as to the why and how but as far what we have discovered over the years is fact.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a more than just a few Turbo Regals. At Porsche did you know if the motor falls just one HP short on the dyno of what it should be, they will not pass it. I doubt Buick had that rule in effect back in 1986-1987!

On a similar note look what happened at Ford a few years back with the Cobra turned out some of those owners had their Cobras dynoed and rear wheel HP fell way short causing Ford to "fix" them after the fact. Reason the following year there was no Cobra Mustangs. I believe they had to redone the intakes or something to bring HP up to specs.

Everyone makes blunders, some big some small. Sometimes they get remembered over the successes........

1 Of the Fewest codes

I just went out to the garage and took these. Looks like I have a super light weight, 53 codes total.

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,171
I got 88, 6 full rows of 13, and a row of 10. Weird, I dont seem to have many options, pw, plks, pwr driver seat, not much else. Weighs under 3300 too without fuel

kirbans 2 cents worth

On the above Turbo-T with the astroroof that is very unusual to have such a low number of options being someone sprung for the nearly one grand factory astroroof roof.

You would be even more lucky if the original owner unless it was you retained the manila style envelope with the hand crank and directions for operating the astroroof roof should the switch fail. That is the reason for the inspection plug that is next to the switch in the headliner.

Yes I have the manila style envelope with the hand crank and directions as it was never removed from the car.
Actually I myself special ordered an astro roof, radio delete car back in 87. It got away from me that's how I ended up with the GN. One thing I learned after I got the car, if you didn't ask for it you didn't get it. The car didn't chime if you left the keys in it, no head light chime, etc, etc. Lock myself out of it more times than I care to count.

kirbans 2 cents worth

It is weird that Buick don't ryhme with quick not sure if we spelled ryhme correctly either!

You are right rhyme is the way to go according to Google.

Welcome to the site. If you really want some SPID labels get ahold of turbofish38, he has quite a collection of pix.

kirban 2 cents worth

back tracking to the one above with 53 codes that is one more than I have as I have 52. Yours against mine is fairly similar except our radios and speaker systems differ and code T63 you got is for buzzer for leaving headlites on, C95 you got I don't have that is the map reading lites in the headliner.

The member above with 88 and states has very few options probably you have some you are not aware of. You may have a buzzer for headlites on or key in ignition, soft ray or tinted windshield heavy duty battery etc. As you can see from mine at 52 and above owners are 53 you having 88 is a lot the GN package was an option which you have, mine is a Turbo T.

Not to get off the subject but I got a 2000 Corvette hardtop which is a fixed roof that only has just 3 options....the original owner was so cheap, the under the hood pad was never punched for the hood lite. How much could a hood lite cost?

Years ago I had a 1963 Corvette split window coupe it was never drilled or punched for a radio. No delete plate like the Buick offered I mean the dash had no marking for a radio. I kept it that way and mounted a radio under the seat. This was back when these cars were selling for $2500 a pop. Sad part is it got stolen when the values started to climb and of course we lacked the proper stated value insurance. An expensive lesson as years passed.

Interesting findings....keep them coming.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a bunch of these cars. Most dripped oil, some leaked more than dripped.

Here is a couple more I have collected over the years. None are mine, just for info. Also a listing of the options from some Buick Lit.
RPOinfo.jpg

This is the lit that I think clarifies the fact that the WE4 is the "Turbo T" the rest are just Regals with the T pkg.
(Just a little poke to get some discussion, maybe better for another thread.)

TurboBuickRPO2post.jpg

Regaloptions2post.jpg

0fd7_32post.jpg

RPOcodes2post.jpg

RPO001a2post.jpg

Picture0132post.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

The 1987 Buick Buyer's Guide reflects the following for Regal:

2 models
4 special option packages
3 power teams
12 exterior colors
7 vinyl top colors
7 wheels/wheel covers
5 steering wheels
39 items of standard equipment
27 categories and 77 items of available equipment

Obviously, not all pertain to our turbo models. However, it points up that combinations are just about endless. For example, under radios alone, there are 5 radios, w/ and w/o Concert Sound II, w/ and w/o rear dual extended range speakers, and 4 different antennas.

Also, you guys haven't even scratched the surface on rare options. Hell, 3 different types of window glass were available.

Dude with 2 Pennies to Rub Together said:
If you have 94 or more codes post a photo of your label. You can white out your VIN number if you wish which is the 17 digit number across the upper left of your label. Anything higher than 94 is a very very well optioned Turbo Regal. I don't think I have ever seen one that has hit triple digits (100). I am not 100% sure having 100 codes is possible. I do recall seeing 98 codes

So you are saying a Limited without W02 that is optioned out to the gills isn't as rare as a GN because it has 30 or codes less.:confused:

Okay I've followed your contest through the Inner Circle that gets e-mailed to me every once in awhile. I have 100's of SPID labels on file,something you should have thought of while you're documenting the cars that passed through your hands, and I do believe it was possible to have over a 100 codes. IIRC the correct combination would have been a Canadian T-Type built in 1986. My memory is a little foggy but a Canadian car has 3 or 4 extra codes. Plus all of the codes for the black moldings, all of the options and an odd ball like ZR6 and you'd have 100 or maybe 101 codes. Anybody up for a game of Fantasy SPID Label? When I get the time I'll put together that SPID label. It will be all legit codes and not some hacked up listof what I guess it should be.:cool:

I'm going to list just the OPTIONS codes. That means more IMO than the sum of the totals. Than we can see who has what.;)

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr Eric you seem to be a tad bit upset over something I posted as being entertaining and fun to see how many codes people that are on this forum have on their trunk ID labels. I am not here to figure out what codes specifically on the label are specific for options versus codes that are standard on the label. You having worked in the GM system are more in tune with that end of it and that is fine.

My goal was not to see what label contains the most options just to see if anyone can hit 100 codes total. Also, to see who has the fewest codes. Nothing real complicated about it. All that is require is the ability to count. Just sharing some info with people that read the posts.

I did not copy any of the trunk ID codes on the 300 plus cars I have sold. I do think a Limited with a WO2 black out package is rare as most Limiteds had the chrome package and was more of a luxury version Turbo-T Regal.

Everything is based on what I have seen and owned. Don't make it such a serious endeavor as I never intended it to be that. Life is too short. I agree, a Canadian car will have more codes listed than a US version. I have had a few of them also. It may take a Canadian built car to hit the triple digits on codes. My point was to make people think not to get into a shooting match as to what is exact options versus standard codes etc on the trunk label.

Also, there was no reason for me to document every car that passed through my hands. If that was all I had to do in life yes, it could have been done. But a few years I bought and sold over 40 in a years time which required time to get them prep them and market them along with everything else I do.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Know enough about these cars to get by on....

my car is also a no tilt and radio delete car:cool: If anyone has interest in my posting a break down of the rpo, let me know