The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

On the current 3 letter contest.....some of you are not reading the clues correctly.

Each one I am seeking uses all three letters. However 2 letters are the same for both cars.

Both cars are made by the same parent car manufacturer and are performance models. I did not make the one point clear about both being in the same car family.

At this point Mr AMC has hit one of them GTX.

the clock is still ticking on this one.

Mr AMC has photos for the next trivia contest which he may get up later tonite.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Well, heres possible answers for the new question.
XT: 1968 XT Falcon GT
GS: 1965-69 Buick Skylark GS
GS: 1965-1975 Buick Riviera GS
GT:1968–1976 Dodge Dart GT
Not to sure on the GT, just because it could have such a wide variety of answers from what I listed above to 1966–1969 Ford Fairlane GT, 1968–1974 Ford Torino GT.
Probably not going to get due to the excess in answers but...worth a shot.
Hope I didnt spoil it.
Thanks again,
JD

kirban 2 cents worth

See my below post in the clues all 3 letters get used for both performance cars not just 2...however 2 letters are the same for both entires both entries are performance cars made by the same car manufacturer meaning the "parent" company.

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

In your aray of answers you hit the 2 I wanted the GTX Plymouth and the rare GTS Dodge Dart both being made by the parent company chrysler and both being performance cars...the GTS Dart is very rare at least the 383 version is...I had one....years ago...also owned 4 different 1967 GTX and one 1968 GTX convertible.....back when $3500 was big money....these cars were original paint 1-2 owner cars....cars that I have been known to buy....

Good going new contest coming soon as MR AMC posts them....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

In your aray of answers you hit the 2 I wanted the GTX Plymouth and the rare GTS Dodge Dart both being made by the parent company chrysler and both being performance cars...the GTS Dart is very rare at least the 383 version is...I had one....years ago...also owned 4 different 1967 GTX and one 1968 GTX convertible.....back when $3500 was big money....these cars were original paint 1-2 owner cars....cars that I have been known to buy....

Good going new contest coming soon as MR AMC posts them....

kirban

actually the dodge dart GTS in 1970 was a 440 4 barrel

kirban 2 cents worth

Here is the next trivia contest #66

Past winner not eligible nor are any Turbo Regal employees

Prize value $25.00

Mr AMC has posted 2 photos.

It takes 4 correct answers in the same post to be a winner.

I want the year of each car.

Also what car make is it?

The clock is ticking

Please don't give any help to players unless you put in 4 guesses in your post.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Trivia 1.JPG
    Trivia 1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Trivia 2.JPG
    Trivia 2.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 157

kirban 2 cents worth

Not saying your wrong without checking further but I thought 383 was the biggest in that body style....The 340 was the smaller one.

I know Hurst made some bare bones hemi ones...like 50 or something around that time frame...

Factory 440 back then they had some rule about weigh versus hp allowed...

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

I did alittle resarch a few outside companies did stuff 440s and hemis in the dart body...but from what I gather at least in the dodge dart GTS version 1967-1970 models (small body) 383 was the biggest installed from the factory with the 340 being more common. GTS were quite rare as they were more money over GT version.

The older Dodge Darts where full size cars and they did get 440s...

So, if what I was reading is correct we are both rite in our thinking....it all comes back to stuffing the biggest powerplant in the lightest body....I had I believe a 1969 model GTS dark green with the stripe kit that went over the trunk. Automatic had the big rear in it. Nice car and quick.

kirban

The last trivia question kind of confused me for a moment with the wording. I thought it was 2 letters for each model and 4 cars total between 2 car companies. Oh well now that thats been cleared up. We will see what the outcome is of the new one.
Thanks

kirban 2 cents worth

I did alittle resarch a few outside companies did stuff 440s and hemis in the dart body...but from what I gather at least in the dodge dart GTS version 1967-1970 models (small body) 383 was the biggest installed from the factory with the 340 being more common. GTS were quite rare as they were more money over GT version.

The older Dodge Darts where full size cars and they did get 440s...

So, if what I was reading is correct we are both rite in our thinking....it all comes back to stuffing the biggest powerplant in the lightest body....I had I believe a 1969 model GTS dark green with the stripe kit that went over the trunk. Automatic had the big rear in it. Nice car and quick.

kirban

There was a 1968 dodge dart GSS 440(Grand Spaulding Sport) and you also had a 1969 hemi dart.
The older darts didnt have 440s in them,the first year for 440s was 1966.

kirban 2 cents worth

mramcguy has th einfo and photos for next contest. It wil be poste dlater tonite or tomorrow.

watch for it.

On a side note, we will be attending the back to the bricks event in Flint August 12th thru Saturday the 15th. We are a bronze vendor. We are also going to be lining up something with the local Turbo club to meet with them and do a mini seminar that Wednesday evening August 12th.

Details have not been nailed down as of yet. Watch for updates....We will have a free DVD for everyone that comes to this turbo event.

kirbanperformance.com

Contest #67

Special thanks to mr amc guy for posting.

Not eligible last winner nor any Turbo Regal employees.

You see partial photos of 2 cars. I need year of each and make.

Also on the RED one what model is it?

So correct answer requires 5 answers in the same single post.

Please no helping.

Prize value $25.

the clock is ticking....

kirbanperformance.com

Attachments

• 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 40.JPG
    40.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 148
Since no one else is playing how's this: The 1st car is a 1958 MG MGA. The other picture could be a 67 Ford Falcon Econoline. Actually could be 61 to 67 and could even be the cool pickup version. Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

You off on the year Paul....of the mga....but will give you the ford econoline since they had that style awhile probably also true on the mga car....mga car is a 1957....

Can't give you a prize since you were close but not exact....try again once I get Evans to put one up...

You will be able to participate next round...

kirbanperformance.com

posting for Dennis Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Next contest is up and running

Everyone can play

Takes 4 dead on correct answers to be a winner all in the same posting.

Need year of the car and make of the car.

No prizes this time just for fun

The clock is ticking

Special thanks to Evans Ward for posting...

Attachments

• 36 60.JPG
    36 60.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 38 60.JPG
    38 60.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 123