theft of T-Type

Sad news, I know that area, how can anyone tow a car into an apartment compound and not be noticed? It will be amazing if ANY of our cars are left in another 20 years.

Not much body damage and inside looks good so it motor ,tranny ,and all a/c and brakes and steering gear ,oh and even drive shaft!Until you start to add all that stuff up and with a new wiring harness it adds up fast .

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a GN stolen back in '97. Got it back but it was in bad shape. Hate these damn thieves.:mad:

Called by cops 1 am last night car found at Tampa ave & rio grande in a apt complex parking lot .
Body damage and no motor or tranny .Thats not the worst there is NOTHING under the hood ,wiring harness hacked and exhaust draging on the ground.
Looks like it will be tough to re-build cost wise,i`m sure insurance will want to total it.
Thanks to all the people who have been concerned and lended a hand.
Now the hard part starts ,letting it go.

Oh man....:frown:

You know, I'm a firm believer that sooner or later karma will always catch up to bad people; but every once in a while, karma needs a little kickstart.

I think you need to pay that SOB a visit. You feel me?

Check all addresses around for security cameras and see if any of them caught them dropping car off.No one seen car getting dropped off in apartment complex?My buddies car was stolen from his job in chicago.There was a bank across the street from his work that caught the tow truck on tape.The tow truck company said car was in a tow zone.The company does not even have a tow truck company watching their lot. Busted

I called you yesterday on a buick seen fore sale by someone I work with on orange ave. I have also seen a buick in parking lot of Autozone on Osceola prkway near turnpike

My bet is someone is or has swapped out drive train into a shell an I will keep eye out for or stop and ask to check under hood..maybe gather plate number

need pics of what you had..i know they all look the same but sometimes a scratch here or a blemish there on even a valve cover could mean the world in maybe finding out \what body your drive train got put into

Mike

I appreciate the call.
Checked out the Orange ave car it was someone I know so not that one.
I never took a pic of the engine bay.It would be tough to tell from any other.Except,the alum rad was new and new GATES lines for tranny cooler and oil cooler .

Not sure if it will be of any help but i have these pic's under the hood.

100_1837.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1835.jpg

If you decide not to rebuild the car i might be interested in purchasing the remains. I'd like to put a turbo lsx V8 in that car. :biggrin:

Boy that really makes me ill to look at!
Thanks so much for the photos!
Right now i`m looking for a driveline or better a roller cause the engine bay is EMPTY now.I had just put in a new aluminum radiator the same week of the theft.

Right now i`m looking for a driveline or better a roller cause the engine bay is EMPTY now.I had just put in a new aluminum radiator the same week of the theft.

You pm'd me about my stuff, let me know if it falls in your budget. I have all kinds of other stuff too...

Sorry for the loss..

Wow man that thing was beautiful. Hope you get up and running again soon. I know you can count on the Orlando club for help.

Yes, we have a meeting in Casselberry on Saturday, Nov 8 you are welcome to come by, Im sure there are some members who can help you track down what you need. Corner of Howell Branch and Semoran, 6-9pm

I might have 3 posts so far! I am actually acquiring a 87 GN next weekend, and am concerned about theft. I am trying to find out some insurance facts... I do not have a garage. I am thinking about a collar around the column, as I had a Suburban stolen, and after going to "claim" it, the police showed me just how easy it was to steal. In DC, there was a news story, showed a 9 year old kid that had stolen numerous cars, had to sit on a phonebook to drive, but took him less than 10 seconds to drive off.
Anyway, I am looking for as many ways as possible to avoid this. The car will primarily be a cruise night type of car, not daily driven, so even pain in the ass stuff would not be a problem. I figure the more visible stuff, and the more difficult, the less chance of things going wrong. If you can PM me with some ideas, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

I might have 3 posts so far! I am actually acquiring a 87 GN next weekend, and am concerned about theft. I am trying to find out some insurance facts... I do not have a garage. I am thinking about a collar around the column, as I had a Suburban stolen, and after going to "claim" it, the police showed me just how easy it was to steal. In DC, there was a news story, showed a 9 year old kid that had stolen numerous cars, had to sit on a phonebook to drive, but took him less than 10 seconds to drive off.
Anyway, I am looking for as many ways as possible to avoid this. The car will primarily be a cruise night type of car, not daily driven, so even pain in the ass stuff would not be a problem. I figure the more visible stuff, and the more difficult, the less chance of things going wrong. If you can PM me with some ideas, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

GPS tracking and don't your mother about it cuz she will tell her friends and there goes your secret.

Thanks!

Best you can do is have a VERY good insurance policy with an AGREED ON value, as well as an appraisal. All the theft deterrents in the world WILL NOT stop a good thief from getting your car.