Thinking of doing a cool car show #2.

Wow!
Just walking in the door from camping with the family.
Great response. This thing's guna rock. Would be cool to have the AZ. crew on hand:cool:. I checked the thirty day weather forcast, and it looks like we'll have nice weather:p. Some of the Fat Cats:) here have said that they would help pitch in for food, so it looks like we've got that covered. We've also got some very cool, free crap to give away, and I'm working on more. Alan Budnik of Budnik Wheels said that this year he'll be in town and will show up in one of his crazy show cars.

So, we've got four weeks to plan some cool stuff. What does everyone want to do?

T-shirts?
Car show?
Bring stuff to sell?
Tech stuff?
Vendor displays?
Raffle?
Display of Meanchicken's old engine parts?

This show will be an awesome memory. Count me in Mike. My prediction is there will be 50 plus buicks attending. I will help in whatever capacity you need.

A tech session on some common problems would be welcomed ie. Basics for passing Calif. Smog; areas to check in order to fix the problem of no dash lights/tail lights; etc..

Also, having vendors on hand for some parts that may be wearing out or need upgrading ie. radiators are 25 years old and a vendor with radiators might do well; brake system components ie Powermasters starting to give out;

just some ideas.

Kroc do u have any pictures of ur limited?
DCP_1932.JPGDCP_1869.JPGDCP_1865.JPG

So, I have requested June 29 off so that I can attend this shin-dig.

We will see how that works out. Getting time off at the end of the month for a manager in my line of work is next to impossible.
The boss seemed receptive, if I were to find someone to do my month closing duties, something that few can accomplish because most don't know the drill. One person has stepped up and said they will do it but I will owe them, big time, even though I loaned her my Accord for 2months while her car was being repaired (by me, for free) from a self inflicted crash.

And she's married and pregnant so, no, that wasn't my motive.:eek:

Here's the question, AZ guys:

Do I make the commitment to take the time off, try to get my son to come along, pay for a hotel room and haul my car out to the coast, or is everybody just blowing smoke here?o_O:)

My buddy has even said he might drive his '64 Vette out with us, too.

Don't get me wrong, It's always great to see Lou and I wanna meet the California bunch, but I don't want to use up valuable workplace favors if I'm in this thing alone.

What say you guys?

I'll even buy the first 'round of beers... or whatever...

We will see how that works out. Getting time off at the end of the month for a manager in my line of work is next to impossible.
The boss seemed receptive, if I were to find someone to do my month closing duties, something that few can accomplish because most don't know the drill. One person has stepped up and said they will do it but I will owe them, big time, even though I loaned her my Accord for 2months while her car was being repaired (by me, for free) from a self inflicted crash.

Do I make the commitment to take the time off, try to get my son to come along, pay for a hotel room and haul my car out to the coast, or is everybody just blowing smoke here?o_O:)

Don't get me wrong, It's always great to see Lou and I wanna meet the California bunch, but I don't want to use up valuable workplace favors if I'm in this thing alone.

What say you guys?

im in if i can get my seats back from interior guy and have my car painted as it is my car sits naked right now(stripped to bare metal with no trim or bumpers on it) im hoping to have her body worked and in primer by sunday

I can't speak for all of the others but I would also like to see all of the AZ guys that I know and meet the ones that I haven't met yet.
Well, excluding Guy, of course.

Just kidding Guy.
Looking forward to this.

We all need a break from work.
Oh, wait a minute, I already retired.

If I go I will not be bringing my car, just socializing.

Darn, Krom, I was hoping to steal a few parts from your Limited to use on my replica Limited.
If you can't bring your car, don't come.
Just kidding, Krom, looking forward to seeing you again.
Met you out at Phoenix or Las Vegas quite a few years back.
Maybe Ponoma.
We're looking forward to seeing you guys.

What say you guys?

You wont be wasting your time. Get out here and have some fun.

Wow Mike, if you are going to have celebrities like Gary, Neal and even "Big Lou" there, that just might be worth a road trip! :)

It would be a good excuse to leave the 110 deg heat for the weekend?
Nick, your only welcome here in CA. if you support gay marriage, illegal immigration, Your smog equipment is in good working order, Also your expected to be politically correct & denounce any off shore drilling for oil.

June 30th? I'm in! (So long as the car doesn't explode between now and then, in which case I'd probably show up with my Corvette instead.)

Nick, your only welcome here in CA. if you support gay marriage, illegal immigration, Your smog equipment is in good working order, Also your expected to be politically correct & denounce any off shore drilling for oil.

And no breaking wind if there isn't any.
Republik of Kali CARB will be wanting to
put you on the dyno, run you on a treadmill
until you're ready to drop, & put that sniffer
you know where to measure the hydrocarbons
you emit.

Isn't there a CARB employee on this board?
Yes, Mr. Joe Cheung user name (gofstbuick),
is an administrator on this forum.
He is also a top dawg in the CARB, and a
expert on smog rules, what's legal, what's illegal,
& what is required to pass in addition to being an
all round great guy.
I really meant no diss to the Republik of Kali CARB
people, just the Republik of Kali & the way that they control all systems in Kali.

I knew what you meant Gary. ;)

The people of California voted for CARB, CARB is just doing their job.

Off topic: That doesn't mean I like the rules. AZ has a better system of state run emissions stations, and only emissions testing.

It just seems to me that some of the smog station operators like their jobs to darn much.