THS project almost alive

I will not be ready. Took some time today to do the body bushings. Can't believe the shape the old ones were in (the ones that were still there). Car only has 90k miles. This alone should help stiffen the car up a bunch. Got some other goodies today too:biggrin:

IMG_20110303_200047.jpg

The old bushings were JUNK! Only took a few hours to replace these. I do recommend this!
IMG_20110304_000428.jpg

Didn't do too much on the engine side, but it is primed, trans is all hooked up.
IMG_20110303_200101.jpg

I replaced mine a couple of years back, it amazed me also as to how much the factory bushings had deteriorated. The new bushings will definitely make the car feel tighter.

Got to work on it for a few hours today. Started the front suspension. I got the pass side done, still have to put the drivers side back together. Did a bunch of degreasing and a little bit of painting. It's not a show car, so I didn't go overboard with the detail work....just enough to give it a nice clean look.
After I complete the front suspension, then I will get it running. I'm pretty close getting it fired up....pretty much the header crossover pipe away. It was in the way of the pass side lower control arm bolt so I decided to complete the front suspension then go back to the engine stuff.

Old shock and new. Wish I had the $$$ for double adjustment shocks. These will have to do.
IMG_20110306_165758.jpg

Before:
IMG_20110306_165601.jpg

Cleaned up
IMG_20110306_164712.jpg

Painted
IMG_20110306_221614.jpg

Control arms with Global West bushings and new ball joints. Tom R helped me by welding in the travel limiter nuts.
IMG_20110306_143835.jpg

IMG_20110306_143843.jpg

Got the pass side all done. I think these wheels have potential to look bad@ss! Can't wait to see the way the car sits...should be 2" lower than stock. Hope it hooks;)
IMG_20110306_220600.jpg

I did get my chinese radiator in lol
IMG_20110306_153403.jpg

No kidd n under water dang but the dyno will be cool we can do some tuning i got my 30 pound brake spring +5 lol well shoot You Ronnie and myself Sat.Get that puppy done if you have time by all means dont rush it if you dont have too.Im sure in your feild of work you are busy as a mudder fudder with all this bad weather.

No kidd n under water dang but the dyno will be cool we can do some tuning i got my 30 pound brake spring +5 lol well shoot You Ronnie and myself Sat.Get that puppy done if you have time by all means dont rush it if you dont have too.Im sure in your feild of work you are busy as a mudder fudder with all this bad weather.

Yeah it all depends on how busy i get at work this week. Hardest part of this project so far is being in the garage and not smoking....I quite and the hardest place to be and not smoke is the garage.

Congrats on the cigs man i remember when i stopped after i got threw the worst part food started tasting better i was amazed at the difference.And yes its hard to stop when your doing this type of work it can be a cussing match with about a pack of cowboy killers lol.

Is it alive bud you gonna make it to the dyno

I haven't worked on it this week. I sliced my fingure pretty bad.....waiting for it to heal up a little more. Also got slammed at work this week and my college bball team played last night and tonight. I foresee myself on the couch again tonight lol.

It runs but got a ton to do still. Haven't had much time lately to work on it.
Fired it up tonight. I need to turn oil pressure down a little I think..other than that it seems ok and ready to kick some butt:cool:

So kick some butt then.

LOL...got some competition around town this summer. A few Mustangs, LS1 cars, Evos and a Nissan or two. This thing is going to be cool when I roll up on the stock wheels:biggrin:

Got a video I'm uploading now of the startup

LOL...got some competition around town this summer. A few Mustangs, LS1 cars, Evos and a Nissan or two. This thing is going to be cool when I roll up on the stock wheels:biggrin:

Got a video I'm uploading now of the startup

Oh yeah, good times.

I was rolling around last night, but didn't find anyone to get into it with...As usual.

Cell phone video of the first startup (actually 2nd lol)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb3EfTzQzhQ&feature=player_profilepage[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds like a sewing machine for some reason:p

So what's holding you up?? I want burnout vids.

Soon...maybe hit up the rpm dyno saturday??

Need to:
install shifter
install driveshaft
Finish all vacuum lines and wiring under the hood
Need new intercooler hoses
install shift light
install cold air stuff
alignment (car sits low now...alignment all messed up. Lonnie is going to hook me up with that)
adjust rear suspension
install 6pt bar