Times and combos with billet turbos

I'm running 24.5 pounds of boost(E boost street) and no adjustments to the new chip I know its got more in it,60ft 1.80 part throttle 1.72 WOT,made one 1.62 60ft last year like to know how I pulled that out of the hat ,need more time with the 2step

Cool Thats not a bad time pretty much the same as was said above very close to the ta49 or TE44 at the same boost.
How do you like the Bob B 2 Step?? Was thinking of doing one but its pricey and I have not seen many running them yet. I have a T Brake already ;)

Right on par with mine. throw some 110 in the tank and lean it out a bit it should pick up a little more.

Did you have to port the housing to control boost creep or was that not an issue? Nice times. Imagine leaving on 8lbs of boost!

I did port the hole out to about 1.200 and radiused the inside of the hole. It still was starting to climb at the end of the run.

QUOTE=John Wilde;2886383]A friend
Second run at Noble was 10.78 @126.97 on 93 octane fuel and dual line alky system. Boost was in 20's through 1st and 2nd, creeped up to 22 in 3rd. These are PL computed amounts; gauge shows a # or so lower. Picked up nearly 27 MPH in the back half of the track which pleased me. Car was and still runnng PIG rich and with help from some others, we have decided that the fuel pressure regulator is not controlling the extra fuel generated by the Detschewerks 300lph pump. New pump is on its way and I'm going to fix a leak with the methanol system.

Car spools much faster than I imagined it would and it doesn't miss a beat with the roller cam. Running about 75 in 3rd at half throttle and wanted to see how it pulled in 3rd at that point; it down shifted into 2nd, spun the tires hard and I did the "webble wobble" well into the 90's.
Don't need to do that test again.:biggrin:

Will let you know how this turns out.

Have to get this thing running like a bat of out hell darn quick. We've had 20+ earthquake tremors here in Central Oklahoma since Saturday night, we historically have about 50 a year, with one of them being the strongest ever recorded here and 2 more that are in the top 5. We've also had tornadoes all over the state today with tornado watch on until 4 tomorrow morning. I don't ever recall having one of them in November but we also had our first ever February tornado this year.

Here is my combo.

Engine:
Stock block, bored .030 over, RJC girdle ARP main bolts
JE 9:1 forged pistons with ARP rod bolts
GN1 forged steel, long stroke crank
GN I Forged steel “H” beam long rods
Champion Ported Iron Heads
DLS 218/218 Camshaft
T&D roller rockers, 1.55 ratio
SS headers
PT 6265 turbo with “S” cover, heavy duty actuator and turbo saver
Terry Houston 3 1/2" SS downpipe with test pipe
Cotton’s 3” dual exhaust system
RJC boost controller
Hemco 62MM plenum
Jay Jackson 62MM throttle body
CAS V2 front mount intercooler
Seimens 80# fuel injectors
Deutsche Werks 300 LPH fuel pump, hot wired
Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Alcohol injection system Razor
Cold air intake system with 4” RJC MAF pipe
GM aluminum radiator
Carter high volume water pump
Billet valve cover breathers
Aluminum valve cover spacers
Billet thermostat housing with 160 thermostat
TurboTweak SD chip
Powerlogger and PLX WB O2 sensor
Taylor 10mm ignition wires
Accel coil pack
Autolite 23 R plugs
Transmission and Driveline:
GM 2004R built from PTE’s catalog
PTC, 9.5 Non-lock convertor with 3000 RPM stall
B&M transmission cooler
Drive shaft loop
Moser axles with TA girdle and aluminum differential cover
Suspension:
5 Point roll bar with removable side and rear cross bar
Body bushings, lower and uppers
Rear "X" braces
Front braces, upper and lower
Air bags
Boxed, rear upper and lower control arms with polygraphite bushings
Bilstein shocks
ATR rear sway bar
Polygraphite bushings on front sway bar

View attachment 147131View attachment 147132View attachment 147133View attachment 147134[
Hey Quicksix, first I would like to say nice run!... If you don't mind me asking, what was your IDC% on that 10.78 run. I'm wondering if my 60's with a single nozzel and one hotwired Walbro pump get me near the 10.70's.

Thanks in advance!
Steve,

Hey Quicksix, first I would like to say nice run!... If you don't mind me asking, what was your IDC% on that 10.78 run. I'm wondering if my 60's with a single nozzle and one hotwired Walbro pump get me near the 10.70's.

Thanks in advance!
Steve,

Steve: I was running a Deutschewerks 300 which is a 320 LPH pump and the majority of time the IDC was in the mid 70's to the low 80's. AFR in PL was set at 10.40 for both mid fuel and WOT fuel. That was way too rich but I had to start somewhere.<G> and I discovered later that he FPR wasn't maintaining solid pressure.

Lat month, I ran similiar times but changed AFR to 11.0 in mid-range and 10.8 WOT. Real cake walk drive with IDC never breaking 80 and spent most of the time in mid 60's. Two important points: 1) Had installed a new FPR and a Boost a pump and 2) Switched alky nozzles to "hollow cone" nozzles as they spray a much finer mist than the full cone nozzles.

I'd stay with one nozzle for as long as you can as tuning with two lines is more difficult. Go slowly, your car will tell you
what it likes.

Good rule of racing from Bison is "If in doubt, over octane." 101 is my choice for testing.

Phil Engle

^ Thanks for the response Phil. I will most defiantly over octane on the next outing. ;) My next outing at the track, I plan on running more of an aggressive tune.:eek: In between 20~22lbs on a TT Race Chip. Just trying to get a ball park as to what mine might look like. I think they will end up being on the high side ( 89~95). I'll be maiking preliminary test to see how they look before we go to the track.I should have new results in a few weeks.:)

^ Thanks for the response Phil. I will most defiantly over octane on the next outing. ;) My next outing at the track, I plan on running more of an aggressive tune.:eek: In between 20~22lbs on a TT Race Chip. Just trying to get a ball park as to what mine might look like. I think they will end up being on the high side ( 89~95). I'll be maiking preliminary test to see how they look before we go to the track.I should have new results in a few weeks.:)

Reread your combo. You will be looking at 80's and an SD chip before it is all over.<BAG>

Quick Six, what size rear tires do you run?

A/F was 10.9 and timing was 23/23
If youre spraying alky in there and running oxygenated pump gas id drop that target down some. 23* with 28psi on 93/alky is pretty aggressive. Them cylinders are going to be getting hot.