Took the car to a dyno

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
The motor is a stage 1 block 2 bolt mains with BMS 3.590 crank and Carrilo rods,14 bolt GN1 out of the box heads no porting(But of course i had to replaced those POS Kline exhaust guides ARG). The turbo is a 76 BB q trim with 3.5 DP and 2.5 full exhaust.
Pump gas 20deg timing 14# boost 498 RWHP and 557 TQ
(There was alot more left on this run considering the low boost)
Then i put in C16 and went 25.5 timing and 24# boost
636 RWHP and 739 TQ ;) The best part was i drove the car to the dyno and then home; The first thing the guy said was i hate these cars LOL Im not sure how close these numbers really are but it sure was fun to see the guy who owns the dyno jaw drop when he saw the numbers Hehe:cool: Ive never had this car on a dyno and ive always used my butt dyno LOL This is a true street car that ive drove over 500 mile to the track and raced;) You got to love these cars:cool: :cool: :)

9.2:1 comp and a 218/220 flat tappet cam,96# injectors with Felpro Bank to Bank:) Hogans intake,4 bolt atr headers :cool: J&E pistons,total seal rings,6.5 long rods,Wet sump,stock front cover,remote oil filter,Deep pan,70 mm TB,Dequick FM...

I forgot to say it 266 CID 3.965 bore;) and 2 center steel main caps..with a 200 trans and 8.5 rearend witch makes it nice to drive;)

Wow nice going Gene.

Dad is taking his this weekend. We'll keep you posted.

nice,nice,nice

Geno, Your stats are very encouraging to me , my combo is almost just like yours , and close to being finished. At what rpm did peak HP and torque happen . Thats one BAD street car. also what size and stall conv.

JEFF

Gene,

I really like those numbers.
Any idea wheat it would pick up with a good port job?
What is your best time with this combination?

Thanks in advance.

What were you spinning it too Geno? And what was your target A/F at that rpm/kpa?

HP at 6200 and TQ at around 4500
The converter is a AC 9" 3500 stall N/L

I never turn it more than 6500 and my target AFR is set at 11.5 and the AFR was around 11.9 to 12.2 acording to his sheets.
The Felpro shows it to be actuals of 11.3 to 11.7:D Witch is closer than i thought my WB O2 would be...

Sounds pretty safe to me...Impressive numbers. Not trying to hijack your thread but I just got back from the dyno myself to get some baseline numbers and tune the FAST. Had to make my pulls in second gear instead of third because it would try to downshift from third at 70mph....Some may know my combo but for those that don't here goes: 274" off center, ported big valved iron heads, 212/206 roller, 83's, FAST, 3" DP, ATR headers, JC-45 turb (for now), 3.5" single exhaust, and a PMAC 200, etc.. Drove the car to the dyno too. At 14* timing and 17psi it made 435rwhp. Made a total of 6 pulls on the car. Last pull was 21* timing and 24psi and it made 518rwhp. Got the FAST tuned so I didn't see any need in beating on the car. FYI I was spinning it to 6k. The second gear pulls were kinda short...would have preferred a long third gear pull...Can't wait to see what the R heads and turbo do. Prior to the headers, FAST, and injectors the car had been a best of 11.0 at 126.7 on DR's with a 1.90 short...What do you guys think of these numbers? Target A/F was ~12.2.

I was there!!!

Geno, that was an awesome day at the dyno....even though I had problems. Just to let the rest of you in on our "dyno day", there were 8 TB's, 2 Typhoons (they didn't run) and a Impala SS. Three awards were given out that day, one for best HP, one for best Torque, and the award that I got....The "Hard Luck" award! ;) Geno took the other two awards for the day and also set new records in both catagories at that shop.

BTW, thanks for driving to the store on C16 to get us some mocha's! :D :D :D

Right on Gene actually figured the car had more rwhp than that :p Just think if you find those other 2 cylinders you lost;)

Great to hear the car is goin great bud.

Steven

P.s. Sean finially finished the headers after dragging his heals for 9 months. Didn't get the ky with the bill though.:( But the car is home and coming apart and going to clean it all up and find out what all 8 cylinders will do now :).

I cant wait to see what that thing will do?????
Im sure i will see the back of that car this summer:)
And im sure it will be dragging the bumper:eek: :eek:
P.S.
I sent you a email at Xmas asking for 2 more pistons but you never came through:D ;) See how you V8 guys are...
You dont share verry well or play with others well LOL

Yea us 8cyl guys are just bullies... Where's my milk money by the way lol.

And im sure it will be dragging the bumper

Got some wheelie bars here just gotta decide if i am gonna slap them on or not. You figor some muffler clamps will hold them on right nice? (i mean cause weight isn't an issue weighed my car and it is a portly 2500 right now ;) room for improvement.

I will be happy if i can just look over and wave at ya dude :) All i am shooting for is some solid 12's :cool:

You better put them bars on because i think your going to need them to keep up with my foot brake 20# launches and still be able to wave .. LOL
Just dont put your car on the roof on the launch like the other Z with the same setup you have did... Hehe:eek: 12,s ya RIGHT out of your twin turbo Hogans intake SMC 2500# car :rolleyes:
...;)

hey Geno did you ever dyno it when you had stock block and the heads my buddy bought off you ?

by hp calculater it showed like 713 hp when you went 9.90 just wondering how it compared to the dyno if you did