Took the car to a dyno

I never did but i think this setup makes a little more power but not much:) When i built this motor i just didnt want to worry about the bottom of the stock block anymore and run the same numbers:) This is still only a 2 bolt main block and i dont want to hurt it. The main registers did show small amounts of freiting from racing it all last summer though. I replaced the bearing a few weeks ago just to see how it was holding up to my beatings LOL
Like ive read before i think this 2 bolt main block is safe to about were im at and i wouldnt take it much further than i do... I have 4 bolt caps i could have installed when i built this motor but i dont intend on pushing it any harder..

I hear you! I took mine the other day and got (in comparison) a measily 320 RW/400 TQ.. Maybe I can eat some wheaties and get a little better..

So you gonna put those 4 bolts in next refresh heck i will even help with you cage (you like yours filled with concrete right gene...I've heard it helps for the weight transfer..

You planning any race trips anytime soon Gene?

I have been under the car playing with the wheelie bars seeing how i want to make the brackets for the car. I just don't know if the ones i got are going to be long enough.

Geno,

I sent you an e-mail also. Nice numbers man! I still have the dyno sheets that Gurts gave me with my car. It was right at 500 RWHP and that was in race trim.

I'd love to see what kind of ET's you could run on pump gas!

BTW, Zturbo, American made turbocharged cars are welcome at Turbo Thunder IV!

If the camaro's engine is up and running then i will def give a blast down the track :).

P.S. Gene started installing the wheelie bar last night :D So don't worry about me going on my can.

Steven

It would sure be kewl if you made it to Wooodburn to the Turbo Thunder Dell is talking about:) :) :) You can show us poor guys with -2 pistons what a complete engine can do
;) Im really looking forwards to meeting up with you at the track this summer. I saw your headers Shon made at Roys shop. They looked nice i thought and should work fine. Shon makes a nice header and his prices are good its just getting him to focus on one project tell its done. He is not the only shop that has to many irons in the fire. Anyways i cant wait to see you run the car:cool:

Prices are good but I was suprised by a few prices but it's done and getting the final touches done by me now and will be looking good very soon. Saw you by roys shop the other day but you made a u-turn with some guy in the car i figured you were gonna blaze the tires for some reason :) Are you running true slicks or dot's?

Steven

Geno....

After Frank and I left your house on sunday, we decided to cruise up to Little Monsters in Marysville to see if they were around. To our surprise, Mike (the owner) was there. After bs'in for a few, Frank convinced me to put the car on the dyno....I'm glad he did because we got more ot of the car than expected....

Pump gas with alky, 25# of boost, 20deg J.Lubrant street chip.

442.4 hp
537.4 ft lbs of torque

Make sure to thank Shawn for the engine when you talk to him again....Bill

Call me or come by and we can go talk to Shawn:)
Always keep me in mind for any local car club gathering you guys go to:) I love to drive the old turd and see what people say when they see my lic frame (Gone Mustang Hunting Be Back In 9 Sec)
It kills those guys LOL

I got it from PTE and its a off the self cam from them i believe :)
Flat tappet hydraulic:) Its a street car so the flat tappet hydaulic is what i wanted:) I like to drive it to the track and around town to local meets and dont like to adjust the valves all the time:)
So far with 120# seat presure the cam is living and i dont have to adjust the valves:)

That great!! Very good numbers. I still dread not buying Todd King's Stage 1 motor sometime back. There is not a night I don't think about that Stage 1 mill. :(

cool

told ya that engine would make power

442.4 hp
537.4 ft lbs of torque

aint 2 shabby

shawn

Geno,

We need to get started on my roll bar....I will call you tonight!

Shawn,

I figured you would see my post. Yeah the ole engine is running great. I"m sure there is more there as we were running the engine a little rich. I cant wait to see what it will do with the race chip an C16!

I would like to get some specs on the heads though if I could.... valve size etc. I might give you a call tonight as well! :D