TR6 Code Question

mattyackle

Does anyone know what this code means. I️ts flashing 8 times on the tach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 means that the TR6 is not getting power for the coil. It usually means the CCCi fuse is blown, but can also mean that there is a connector/pin issue at pin M of the main connector

Bob

18 means that the TR6 is not getting power for the coil. It usually means the CCCi fuse is blown, but can also mean that there is a connector/pin issue at pin M of the main connector

Bob

Thanks bob. I’ll look into it.

Thanks bob. I’ll look into it.

Just went thru that myself, I changed heads and relocated my ground wires. I also painted the intake manifold so that ground wire shorted my coil pack and gave me code 18. If the ccci fuse pops after you put a new one in, check the coil pack with ohm meter.

Hopefully your coil pack is good, but if not I bought 2 from Amazon at $26 apiece.

Just went thru that myself, I changed heads and relocated my ground wires. I also painted the intake manifold so that ground wire shorted my coil pack and gave me code 18. If the ccci fuse pops after you put a new one in, check the coil pack with ohm meter.

Hopefully your coil pack is good, but if not I bought 2 from Amazon at $26 apiece.

The cci fuse is good, the coil pack is new. The car runs. I’ll check the grounds.