tranny shifting soft

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
Trying to iron out all the bugs after the rebuild. The tranny seems to be shifting way too soft. Softer than it did before the rebuild. Ive adjusted the TV cable sleeve all the way back as far as it will go to the firewall and still open the plates all the way and its still a weak shift. With the rebuild i put a 2800-3000 tophat converter in there. Would that change things? Am i setting the TV cable wrong. I can see two notches on the cable. Seeing more notches means harder shifts right?? Please help.

Dan

If it is a "loose" 3000 stall it will feel "soft" How are the gear changes. How much rpm drop and how long does it take?

All the shifts are barely noticeable. Feels like the car shudders or even hesitates a minute and then shifts. We moved the TV cable all the way back and forward and the shifts never got any harder or softer. The shift points dont seem any different than they used to be, just this weak shift. If i mash the pedal it feels like one long gear. The TV cable was WAY out of adjustment when we adjusted it today. Throttle blade wasnt even opening fully as the TV cable was restricting its movement. Did i stretch the cable by flooring it and not noticing that it was this way??

Dan

I`d check the pressure . I wouldn`d go out & mash the gas ,all you`re going to do is burn it up.

Jim

Yeah we called bruce this morning and then Jimmys trans who built it. Its going to have to be looked at and gone through to make sure its not toast.

Dan