Transmission Depot out of Hudson FL

nick368

I wanted to post here as I'm the second sucker who's been duped by these guys.

About 7 months ago we bought a Transmission from these guys that we found on eBay and were located very close to us in Tampa. Here's the link:

eBay Motors: 200R4 Transmission /Stage 2 Full Race Multi-Fit Bell (item 350123829973 end time Nov-20-08 14:56:38 PST)

I paid about $700 and change for the transmission after I had the motor rebuilt to better specs. and the initial transmission blew. At the time they were advertising this tranny as a Grand National Stage 2 transmission. I didn't need the converter as I had just replaced mine with a 3200 stall. I forked over the money and the tranny never really worked after that. My mechanic took the tranny out, took it to them and they made some adjustments (as they put it) and they knkew this was purchased for a Grand National. Put it back in, same problem at WOT it hit a wall and what I found out recently is that my 2nd gear was chewed up and the Valve Body was not a BRF (like it should be) and now once again I have to rebuild, the rebuild with most likely a new valve body and governor as used ones are tough to find.

I can't fully explain the frustration I have going through my head. I'm a guy that doesn't know too much about these cars (although idolized since I was 16) and after purchasing it in Aug. 2007, driving it maybe 300 miles and then spending close to 18k to get it where it could perform right, I really question my initial decision to purchase it in the first place. I keep telling myself, that after this repair it will run right, and I hope it will.

It's very funny as I went to get this link off eBay so no one else makes the same mistake as me - I noticed that they (Transmission Depot) have now come out with a "Grand National Exclusive Package" with the correct Valve Body for $2,500:

eBay Motors: 200R4 Transmission /"Grand National Exclusive" (item 350104758796 end time Dec-01-08 10:06:52 PST)

Thanks to JD and Chuck and a couple of their other resources, I feel I'm on the right path. JD has done a great job for me in fixing my electrical issues as well as other problems I was having with the car that I could never get resolved.

I know a lot of us spend a ton of money on these cars, and as much as I'm upset here - I feel better that this car is being done right.

I also wanted to make sure nobody gets taken by these guys. When I bought that tranny 7 months ago - it was mis-advertised as a Grand National Stage 2 Transmission.

Thanks for listening.

Nick

Sorry that you were on the bad receiving end with this company but you have done a great community service by exposing them!! :mad: :smile:

I wanted to post here as I'm the second sucker who's been duped by these guys.

About 7 months ago we bought a Transmission from these guys that we found on eBay and were located very close to us in Tampa. Here's the link:

eBay Motors: 200R4 Transmission /Stage 2 Full Race Multi-Fit Bell (item 350123829973 end time Nov-20-08 14:56:38 PST)

I paid about $700 and change for the transmission after I had the motor rebuilt to better specs. and the initial transmission blew. At the time they were advertising this tranny as a Grand National Stage 2 transmission. I didn't need the converter as I had just replaced mine with a 3200 stall. I forked over the money and the tranny never really worked after that. My mechanic took the tranny out, took it to them and they made some adjustments (as they put it) and they knkew this was purchased for a Grand National. Put it back in, same problem at WOT it hit a wall and what I found out recently is that my 2nd gear was chewed up and the Valve Body was not a BRF (like it should be) and now once again I have to rebuild, the rebuild with most likely a new valve body and governor as used ones are tough to find.

I can't fully explain the frustration I have going through my head. I'm a guy that doesn't know too much about these cars (although idolized since I was 16) and after purchasing it in Aug. 2007, driving it maybe 300 miles and then spending close to 18k to get it where it could perform right, I really question my initial decision to purchase it in the first place. I keep telling myself, that after this repair it will run right, and I hope it will.

It's very funny as I went to get this link off eBay so no one else makes the same mistake as me - I noticed that they (Transmission Depot) have now come out with a "Grand National Exclusive Package" with the correct Valve Body for $2,500:

eBay Motors: 200R4 Transmission /"Grand National Exclusive" (item 350104758796 end time Dec-01-08 10:06:52 PST)

Thanks to JD and Chuck and a couple of their other resources, I feel I'm on the right path. JD has done a great job for me in fixing my electrical issues as well as other problems I was having with the car that I could never get resolved.

I know a lot of us spend a ton of money on these cars, and as much as I'm upset here - I feel better that this car is being done right.

I also wanted to make sure nobody gets taken by these guys. When I bought that tranny 7 months ago - it was mis-advertised as a Grand National Stage 2 Transmission.

Thanks for listening.

Nick

Glad I am able to HELP!!!!!

I learned the hard way also. You get what you paid for. It may be cheaper up front...but it will cost ya more in the long run. This is true especially to the 200 transmission imo.

ouch

gonna hav vince janis in the spring like i should have. tryed going cheap to save some money now i have a 1200.00 boat anchor ( i dont even own a boat lol) plus i have to come up with money for rebuild:eek: :eek: :eek: expensive lesson learned hope no on else gets taken:(

been there done that

#4 (permalink) Today, 09:33 PM
ckmm
six shooter Join Date: Sep 2006
Trader Rating: (5)

been there done that. NOW ITS GOOD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went thrue the same thing when i bought mine T type . i got my tranny from monster motor sport in spring hill . They sang the same song . I put 4 in before finding JD and was ready to sell the car . Thanks to JD and Mike my tranny is a bad one bad Mother F_ _ _ _ _ _. PS I did get my money back for the tranny from Monstermotor sport
86 BLUE T with t tops ported heads a gbodyparts stretched 23 row polished sli intercooler love it atr down pipe down turbo tweak chip t 6769 turbo large ajustable waste gate,remaned tran all new parts 3200 lock up stall. 42 lbs injector and alky lowered 3 "on 17"amerc. racing whells 3" stainless steel exhaust 3 1/2 "ele. cutout

Sounds like a common problem, I'd suggest making a complaint with the BBB and sue them. A friend had a similar issue with an engine builder in CA, the guy not only got sued, but also had to close his shop down, it got that ugly for him.

You guy's should get together and get that complaint started:wink: Ray