Trash can modification

rob350

I searched with no luck. Can someone show me pictures of the trash can modification for our stock intercoolers?

Rob

Trash Can IC Scoop

I've had mine installed for years, here's a few pics...

-Jimmy

Attachments

• Front no plate.jpg
    Front no plate.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Trash Can IC Scoop (1).jpg
    Trash Can IC Scoop (1).jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,612
  • Trash Can IC Scoop (4).jpg
    Trash Can IC Scoop (4).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,560
Sure,
It's plasitc
It's about the size of the intercooler

Geez, it's not rocket science, pull out the measuring tape, write down some numbers and go to Walmart.:rolleyes:

Just take the one from your boss's office:biggrin: so was there any noticeable gains from this? Besides bugs

lol...thats awesome...I didn't think it was literally a trash can...that looks sweet
Oh,yes. Some use them in different applications for airboxes too. They "remold" them with heat guns and cut to fit...

Sure,
It's plasitc
It's about the size of the intercooler

Geez, it's not rocket science, pull out the measuring tape, write down some numbers and go to Walmart.:rolleyes:

Thanks you have been very helpful, FYI-I was at work when I asked the question, so could not really go out and measure anything at that time. Just thought if someone had the specs it would save an extra trip.

IC shroud

even though it looks alittle cheap but hell how many people actually go under your car other then you. the up side of it is you should be able to use the other side incase something happens to the other one. Very interesting.

Trash can mod athe and ? @ the garbage that flies

i just wanted to know what about any rocks that may be kicked up from someone infront of you or just normal driving. i saw this several months back but haven't done this mod yet. I need to since my shroud is trashed. is there anything to protect the intercooler from being wrecked from rocks or ? or can there be something maybe installed to keep stuff from going into the intercooler with any potential to really jack it up. Not really wanting to have an issue if i go with this mod but i also am not considering putting chicken wire on my car either. not trying to sound crazy but it's still fairly new to me and just wanted opinions and feedback from people who have had this issue or know a way to keep it on the road. thanks in advance.

The factory IC shroud has a plastic debris screen which can still be used when running the trash can. Yours may be still in place or you can get a used one from members here if it's missing. I've been running the can for years and haven't seen any road junk up in the scoop.

HTH - Jimmy