Turbo choices

BOP4ever

Goal 2014 low 11 power trap over 120.
2015 upper 10s power trap 125 plus
That's it .
My te44 died I am sending to bison for R&R . I am running the stock turbo now in the meantime .
Car is full weight t top car 65k mile car .
Replaced head gaskets 2 years back inspected shortblock and bearing all looked great. Compression 140-150 psi all holes. I pocket ported the heads pretty lightly leaving the entrance stock size match to felpro gasket.
I have 2 spare blocks one is +.030 the other standard for a future build.
What I thought is try to get the car to 11.50 at about 116 with bolt ins and if it seemed doable I'd look at ported heads and a cam upgrade to get to the upper 10's at the 125 trap range .
I guess I have a bunch of questions about do I rebuild the 44 run it or just sell it after it is rebuilt and upgrade to something like s 62-62 or 62-65 ?
Im looking for the lowest cost for the long term, plan B I'd sell the car and get something with a v8 and take the easy route.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You already know the answer: Ask Bison, he'll set you up with exactly what you need for your goals..:)

ks

Brian pretty much said the 44 should go to the 11s pretty easy which I'd what everyone told me when I got it.
When it was 60 degrees out I was feeling it would, but this summer it feels sick weak.

I would want a little more compressor if you want over 120 mph easy and then over 125 mph.
Of course the 44 (58mm) can do it (120), but you will be running it hard on a full weight car.
You may want to step up to a 62mm compressor wheel.
You may not need the 65/66 turbine wheel for your combination, you may want to stick with the 62.

I'd run a 60-1 or 62mm compressor for a solid 125mph engine. A t350 turbine typically. Running a 65mm turbine is not needed. Regardless the converter needs to be able to couple the potential. If its a small hyd roller and 10 sec power or faster is wanted I've posted plenty times about what converter I'd be using. Check out motrhead's thread for typical results with some typical parts. 6262, ported heads, 210/215?, fmic, PTC 9.5". 550whp on 93 alky and spools like a champ with very low converter slip at cruise

Brian pretty much said the 44 should go to the 11s pretty easy which I'd what everyone told me when I got it.
When it was 60 degrees out I was feeling it would, but this summer it feels sick weak.

A turbo swap alone isn't going to cure this.

I'd run a 60-1 or 62mm compressor for a solid 125mph engine. A t350 turbine typically. Running a 65mm turbine is not needed. Regardless the converter needs to be able to couple the potential. If its a small hyd roller and 10 sec power or faster is wanted I've posted plenty times about what converter I'd be using. Check out motrhead's thread for typical results with some typical parts. 6262, ported heads, 210/215?, fmic, PTC 9.5". 550whp on 93 alky and spools like a champ with very low converter slip at cruise

Sounds like my combination, nice for a true street car set-up, won't be the fastest at a Buick National event, but those guys show up on trailers...

Chuck