Turbo differences?

ScottyG

let say I want to upgrade my turbo?
What is the difference between like the precision TA6266. And the PT6266?
I know the PT can have the 4in ported S cover! Are they both direct bolt on with the wastegate? And factory exhaust elbow? I'm not looking to up grade just wondering cause every Buick vendor has the two for sale on there website?

The TA is stock appearing with a bolt-on inlet bell on the comp side, the PT can be had with various covers and it flows a little better.

Comp turbo has turbos that I would put up against precision

Ever thought of using something other then Prejunkcision? Plenty of upgrades out there that are better that are better then pt.

They can't be that bad if the vendors have them on there website! I was just asking what's the difference between them..

Precisions little 6766 has been 8s, and it is responsive enough on the street, I wouldnt hesitate putting it on a car with low 10s as a goal, for growing room. Turbo technology is changing constantly, I dont doubt the other companies, I just hear a lot of hate towards Precision, just havent seen any results to back it up.

Precisions little 6766 has been 8s, and it is responsive enough on the street, I wouldnt hesitate putting it on a car with low 10s as a goal, for growing room. Turbo technology is changing constantly, I dont doubt the other companies, I just hear a lot of hate towards Precision, just havent seen any results to back it up.
X2 with what forcefed has said, haven't seen anything to back up the hate. Hell just spent almost 2k on there new BB 64/66. Will see soon enough if it isn't worth a ......

Yea my buddy just order a pt6266 with the HD WG shipped was 975$ and he got the slice for 750$ shipped! Good to know ppl that have connections for discounts lol and yea I hear a lot of hate but to each there own

Gentlemen, it's not hate...... I should've realized that making a provocative statement about PT turbos on this forum would garner some ill will. Nothing personal that's just my opinion. I've know several people that have had nothing but trouble with brand new PT turbo's. Also, I can't quite understand why the Buick owners stay with the same old three bolt PT turbo, and an internal WG......Why? Seems that most people in the Buick world have that tunnel vision.....they live in a box......and then wonder why their gn's aren't that fast. There's better technology out there. By today's standards running 12's or even 11's to high 10's isn't that fast anymore. And even then that's only after pouring a shit load of money into it to make it run that.

When i see someone go through the trouble to use a big 4 bolt turbo, then barely run 9s, thinking outside the box didnt do you any good. There are only a handful of cars running 8s on the old 3 bolt, the rest are on 4 bolt external wastegate set ups. The only thing holding these cars back is the fact that most owners are happy where their cars are at. Not everybody wants a 7 sec car. Most owners arent willing to cut the car up.
The OP was asking about a 6266, so my guess is he wants to run in the 10s. Pretty simple pain free install with a bilt on turbo. But I guess if you arent running a giant borg s480 t6, you are sheep.

You can make a ton of power on a 3 bolt without the hassle and the truth of it is more than most buick owners can handle or pay for.most tr owners don't track there cars a ton and mainly run on the street.a 3 bolt can easily make enough power to blow the tires away and it comes to a point where a ton of the money will be in the car and which ex housing will be the least of the owners concerns.it also comes to a point where rpm is a major factor and the 4 bolt bigger ex turbine does offer an advantage.

Wow this gotta hand quick! But my buddy brought the turbo and he very happy! he's not looking for 7 second passes or cares about 3 bolt or 4 bolt turbos. Ppl have there opinion on parts!

When i see someone go through the trouble to use a big 4 bolt turbo, then barely run 9s, thinking outside the box didnt do you any good. There are only a handful of cars running 8s on the old 3 bolt, the rest are on 4 bolt external wastegate set ups. The only thing holding these cars back is the fact that most owners are happy where their cars are at. Not everybody wants a 7 sec car. Most owners arent willing to cut the car up.
The OP was asking about a 6266, so my guess is he wants to run in the 10s. Pretty simple pain free install with a bilt on turbo. But I guess if you arent running a giant borg s480 t6, you are sheep.
I think the whole Borg movement is based on price really. The whole big ass turbine/ar deal isn't really needed on a v6 engine and actually hurts performance for Street duty. With that being said you could have yourself a solid 9 sec turbo that's tough as nails for around $500. Also big fan of pte turbos here.

I understand it for custom applications, but by the time you re-engineer the current set up on a buick, you could have bought a Precision, and be driving it.

Perhaps pte will start to publish compressor maps since they are under the same umbrella as turbonetics. Not that I fully understand compressor and turbine maps but it'd be cool to look at lol

Perhaps pte will start to publish compressor maps since they are under the same umbrella as turbonetics. Not that I fully understand compressor and turbine maps but it'd be cool to look at lol
It's nice to know.although I believe in real world testing I do know guys that spec their turbo only based on the comp maps.

I don't like how PT doesn't sell any parts to rebuild there turbos . They will have u send it in to them just to tell u that they can't rebuild it and offer you another turbo instead. Another reason I like comp.turbos all of them can be rebuilt with no issue.