Turbo differences?

I have had bison rebuild a PTE turbo for me for pretty cheap, no issues. This was a journal bearing. Not sure on the BB.

X2 with what forcefed has said, haven't seen anything to back up the hate. Hell just spent almost 2k on there new BB 64/66. Will see soon enough if it isn't worth a ......

I have been out of things for the last 5/6 years, so I cannot speak to the "hate" you gentlemen refer to regarding one's perception/view towards PTE turbos as of late, but I will say that with Borg Warner's new EFR line, I think we may see some serious contenders for wheel to wheel power/flow on these turbos.

The only downside is that as of this moment, the highest flowing EFR turbo is a 4 bolt, and the 3 bolt wheels in the EFR line do not go large enough to make what most would consider "decent" power, IE- 700+hp.

With that said, I look forward to what else BW brings to the table for our cars. I know there are companies like WORK turbochargers that are putting compressor wheels as large as 74mm in a 300SXE frame, which is a 3 bolt setup....I'd like to see what other things Reed at WORK turbos, or Brian for that matter, can think up or machine to fit in a 3 bolt housing for these cars.

Regardless of whatever brand you may prefer, I see the future as very bright and exciting for the Buick world in terms of how much power we can make on continuously smaller and smaller wheels...things that 5/10years ago we would have never thought possible!

I'll be grabbing data on this (the black map) when it becomes available hopefully soon. It's a 10:1 233ci. It won't disappoint. Intended power band 5700-6500. I'll be looking to get almost all of the 110lbs/min. 73.7/91 compressor and 87/82 turbine. I expect that spoolup will be at least as good as the MFS 6766 I've been running for a while.
db6516db1c2f5ca3a8924db1227cf3eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been out of things for the last 5/6 years, so I cannot speak to the "hate" you gentlemen refer to regarding one's perception/view towards PTE turbos as of late, but I will say that with Borg Warner's new EFR line, I think we may see some serious contenders for wheel to wheel power/flow on these turbos.

The only downside is that as of this moment, the highest flowing EFR turbo is a 4 bolt, and the 3 bolt wheels in the EFR line do not go large enough to make what most would consider "decent" power, IE- 700+hp.

With that said, I look forward to what else BW brings to the table for our cars. I know there are companies like WORK turbochargers that are putting compressor wheels as large as 74mm in a 300SXE frame, which is a 3 bolt setup....I'd like to see what other things Reed at WORK turbos, or Brian for that matter, can think up or machine to fit in a 3 bolt housing for these cars.

Regardless of whatever brand you may prefer, I see the future as very bright and exciting for the Buick world in terms of how much power we can make on continuously smaller and smaller wheels...things that 5/10years ago we would have never thought possible!

The cost to machine housings and spacers for a niche market for the SX turbos isn't a cost effective option and would down graded the potential of the turbines. You don't want to get smaller and smaller on wheels either. What's needed is bigger wheels that can move more air and still have the response of a turbo that back in the day supports 15lbs/min less air flow. Not much else you can ask for

I'll be grabbing data on this (the black map) when it becomes available hopefully soon. It's a 10:1 233ci. It won't disappoint. Intended power band 5700-6500. I'll be looking to get almost all of the 110lbs/min. 73.7/91 compressor and 87/82 turbine. I expect that spoolup will be at least as good as the MFS 6766 I've been running for a while.
db6516db1c2f5ca3a8924db1227cf3eb.jpg

Whats the part number on that turbo? Or is it a custom piece?