Turbo Tweak Chips & Injectors

GogglesPisano

Hey Everyone,
My Question Posed To Al Of You Out There, With Much More Knowledge Than I Is A 2 Part Question.
1) The Street Chip That Eric Marshall Sells Onhis Website Looks Very Interesting. Since I Have No Plans On Following Louis Down The Track At The Buick Nationals Doing A 100 Ft Wheelie Off The Line, I Was Wondering If Any Of You Had Any Experience With His "Street Chip"? I Would Like To Install It In My Mostly Stock Gn.
2) Being Mostly Stock, Can I Change Out My Stock Injectors To Something Better Without Major Computer, Or Mechanical Alterations?
Thank You In Advance!!

What ECM are you running? I do not believe the Turbotweak chips work on an 84/85 ECM. Check with Eric. I personally would eliminate the 84/85 ECM and convert to the 86/87 ECM. Good luck- Brad

Hey Brad, Whatever The Gn Was Born At The Factory With Is What She Got. Upgrading To The 86/87 Ecm, Is That A Major Reprogram, Or Plug N Play?
Fred

The 85 ECM is not very smart and nobody burns chips for them. If your car is running fine leave it alone. You have an 85 ECM. The problem you will eventually face is your 85 MAF will fail. Nobody makes new MAFs for the 84-87 TTYPES and the reman. units are bad. This will require you to upgrade the ECM. Turbotweak is by far the best chip burner but you need and 87 ECM. Let me know or PM if you want info on the conversion. It is quite easy. Sometimes it is easier on the phone. PM me if you want to talk. Brad

Why does everyone think Eric can't work with an 85. Says right on the home page of his site:

Custom chips for 86/87 Buick Turbo Regals and 89 Turbo TA's
Programs for stock 28lb up to 95lb injectors. I can do chips for the 84/85 ECM, but they don't have the extra features of the 86/87 ECM.

Turbo6chicago- I talked to Fred(thread originator) on the phone tonight and what he is trying to accomplish does not require a Turbotweak chip nor an ECM change. This phone call saves alot of useless typing. Are you going to the Midwest meet at Busse on July 28th? Brad