turbo V6 and the 700R4?

All I have to say its all in the build. Any trans will take the abuse, as long as you build it correct, finding out its weak points. I also want to add that the truck trannies have a thicker case, so those are the ones to get when building a 700. It can be identified by the K on top of the case.

yea just like i thought..... what a bummer. everything is so tightly worked together underneith that i would have to have another exhaust, cross member, driveshaft, emergency brake, and AC since my condenser is remote.
I have an extra "test" case 2004R if you want to borrow that.

I have an extra "test" case 2004R if you want to borrow that.
That would be perfect to check things with. You may even be able to figure out a way to set it up with the 700 and if it craps then with some simple bolt on parts change over to the 200.;)

Every transmission on the planet is a piece of junk if the village idiot builds it. The three things that steer me in the direction of the 2004R are full throttle fourth gear shifts,higher overdrive gear ratio,and less RPM drop at shift. The 700 can't compete with this. The 200 is the close ratio trans. The 700 is the wide ratio trans.