Turbo V8 update

Dusty Bradford

Here are some new pics I snapped today. Still a ways to go with the wiring but all of the big items are complete. It's down to wiring up the ignition, few more items on XFI wiring, battery, several grounds, fan and the gauges and putting the carpet in. It's very close :)

Attachments

• buickmotor1.jpg
    buickmotor1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 433
I've got the Afco shocks mounted in the stock location but found one of the wolfe upper adjustable control arms was bent so I have to send it back for a replacement.

Attachments

• buickshock.jpg
    buickshock.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 438
Interior with seats and console. I managed to get the B&M pro stick to fit with some triming of the original shift plate.

Attachments

• buickconsole1.jpg
    buickconsole1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 424
Good work Dusty! Pretty soon you will be cruising the streets looking for trouble :biggrin: :eek:

Dusty Bradford said:
weldon 2035

Pimp! :D What the hp rating on the 2035? I found one for sale, but the seller doesn't know. Any ideas? Looking good by the way..... :cool: :)

Big Stu said:
Pimp! :D What the hp rating on the 2035? I found one for sale, but the seller doesn't know. Any ideas? Looking good by the way..... :cool: :)

I had trouble finding ratings on it myself. This one came off a 8.30 radial mustang but I believe they are supposed to support 1600-1800 range. This one has the -12 suction and -10 discharge. Kinsler may be able to give you the info you need. I'm curious so I may call myself....

Thanks for the comments guys. It's been a real job over the past year and now that it's this close the tracks will be closing soon :( I just want to hear it run now so I'll keep plugging away. If I have to I'll just take a southern winter vacation to get it to a track somewhere.

And the video, I plan to take some of it after all the request I've had but I don't know what to do with it after that since I've never dealt with putting video up. Just getting pics up was a major accomplishment :)

Dusty,

Sorry I did not respond earlier I was at a family gathering.
This will be the second stock suspension G-Body in the 7s.
Man I wish you were out here to work on my junk!!! :eek:

Hey John, when you guys are taking these cars that fast on stock suspension, do you mean it still has a 8.5 housing? what mods are you doing?

The stock suspension in the context in which we use it can be described as follows:

-Stock Frame Rail, can be modified for larger tires - Our frame has been notched
-Stock Location Suspension Connecting Points - We use Wolfe Racecraft Arms
-People are a little more loose on the shocks - We have stock replacement **** rear springs and QA1 Shocks in the stock location.
-After market sway bars are allowed - We run a wolfe double on Chow's Car and a single on mine.
The rear any being factory in not a factor - Chris runs a 9 inch Currie that is stock width. I have a 8.5 but will probably junk it for a 9 inch.

John Wilde said:
Dusty,

Sorry I did not respond earlier I was at a family gathering.
This will be the second stock suspension G-Body in the 7s.
Man I wish you were out here to work on my junk!!! :eek:

7's :eek: That will take some work but maybe I'll get there one day. While were on the subject, I need to get my cage certed before Jan 1 when the rule change takes place. Word is my cage will still go 7.50 since it was done last year and will be "grandfathered" in.

Just send your car on out this way, when this one hits the track I won't know what to do without a non running heap in the garage. It'll give me something to do..... I hope I'm bored anyway but I have a feeling working the bugs out of mine will be a long process.

Big Stu said:

185gph 2050hp@80psi on 12V

Pictures look great Dusty!!