Ugh...this is time consuming...Turbo T

WOW!!--this build is absolutely incredible----can't tell you how impressed i am!:cool:

Geoff,

P.S.--I just about have the head gaskets swapped on my car, i would love to line-n-up with the malibu at coastal plains in the near future!:D

Thanks guys!! I appreciate it. This is where the reward is when you finally get to show off all the work that's been done. It's not 100% restored...maybe 90% and a whole lot better off than when I bought it.

This is the last of the pictures of the car. The weather here hasn't been nice enough for me to get some pictures of it in the sunlight.

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0100.JPG

DSCF0106.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0118.JPG

DSCF0123.JPG

Wow, many more pictures than the thread on MR for sure (unless I hadn't subscirbed to the thread & missed 'em all), it's beautiful! I may steal your LED strip setup for the corner lenses on my '78 (and an idea I have for taillights as well) :D

I also have a question regarding the electric hydroboost (if that's even the proper term :confused:) wiring you may be able to help with:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...1316-87-brake-booster-wiring.html#post2428146

This past weekend I felt like the car was ready enough to take it back to the person I bought it from. If you've been following this thread, then you know that I bought it from the original owner...a lady that was VERY attached to it. Not only did she cry when we both went to the transfer the title (almost a year and two months ago) but she also cried when she seen it again...after all this work was done. She was like a child going through a candy store! I was amazed that she pointed out some of the things I had done that wasn't original to the car. Like a different kind of rear view mirror, headlights, CD player, underhood light, speedometer, console overlay's, the right dash plaque, the sun visors...now both equipped with mirrors and even the center caps on the wheels! She also noticed the (painted black) intercooler sitting behind the grill and the larger downpipe with the "thingy poking up from under the turbo"...(wastegate). She KNEW this car....almost better than myself!

I stayed and chatted for about an hour or two telling her about what I had done and how much things cost. I offered to let her drive the car again but she broke down in tears...struggling to say..."that will bring back too many memories". I gave her a hug and told her I appreciated that she sold the car to me instead of that other dude that just wanted it to part it out. I had done what she wanted to see with the car....and that was to see it restored again...like when she took it home from the dealer back in 1986-87. Anyway, she wanted to see me drive away as she looked at it slowing getting smaller in the distance.

Last of the pictures and then this thread can die. Thanks for all the compliments guys! It's MUCH appreciated!

DSCF0382.JPG

DSCF0393.JPG

DSCF0392.JPG

DSCF0394.JPG

DSCF0328.JPG

DSCF0341.JPG

DSCF0379.JPG

DSCF0395.JPG

DSCF0400.JPG

DSCF0401.JPG

It's been exactly one year from initial tear-down of the car. Here are a few misc pictures and pictures from the car's first showing.

nice_right_rear.jpg

nice_right_rear1.jpg

nice_right_front_full.jpg

nice_interior.jpg

nice_grill.jpg

nice_front_engine.jpg

nice_car_show_lowfront.jpg

nice_car_showLF.jpg

nice_car_showRR.jpg

Here is the original owner standing proudly by "her". I offered to let her buy the car back for what I have (money-wise) in the car; minus any labor. Unfortunately, she simply can't afford to buy it back at this time. I really don't have a nice place to keep it so the car can stay this nice. Besides, I've still got my GN aerocoupe project to start working on. As of right now, my plans for the car is to show it as much as possible locally & maybe long distance.

nice_original_owner.jpg

Wow Vernon, you did one hell of a job on that car. Can't wait to see it next weekend.

Amazing how you transformed this car.

PS
Two words that dont go together is GN's and Aerocoupe.

Taking offers on selling this car. I've put about 1600 miles on the car since it's been painted.

Last picture here of the upgraded gauge cluster...

DSCF2540.jpg