Under 1.5 60' times

aquikv6

How do you do it? What is required on the suspension, slick size, etc. I see alot of you guys are doing this consistently on the foot brake, so please share.

don't think you see "a lot of guys" doing it off the foot brake.....it generally takes at least a 10 sec or better car and high boost launches (usually off a t-brake) for 1.4x 60' times.

good traction and lots of power will do the trick

if a car is able to run 1.4's off the foot brake, it is very fast or it has very good brakes

takes good slicks (not DOT type tires) and the usual suspension mods (boxed arms, sway bar, bushings, etc)

my car launches at 4-4500 rpm off a t-brake (15-20 lbs of boost) with 28X9 ET Drags and 60's in the 1.45-1.49 range with lots of air under the tires......:D

cant wait for the day I can launch like that!!It must feel great to lift the front !!!! :D

I think the converter/turbo combo is very important. If you have a reasonable converter you can launch hard off the foot brake w/o astronomical boost. I'm in the low 50's on a regular basis and have gone 1.48 off the foot brake with a 7# launch.

HTH,

Jim

1.462 off foot brake at 8 psi. Art carr 3200 n/l 9", M/T 28x9 et drags w/ 14 psi, pass side air bag around 23 psi, 3.25 gear, 63 turbo w/ pte .63 exh housing, no sway bars.

Don't hold at "X" amount of boost then launch. Have boost climbing when you cut it loose. Don't have "extra" fuel in it on the bottom, you actually want it kind of lean. You dont need alot of timing either I only had 22 degrees in it. Try to get a routine down and go from there.

This was one of my main goals going into last summer. My previous best was 1.698 @ 7 psi. Second to last time out I did 3 of 5 launches in the 1.4's (at 8 psi) with the other two being real low 1.5's. The bonus side effect of trying to improve in this area was I yanked the drives side front tire a foot or so in the air a few times. :D .

I only raced 3 times last year and do to a few issues I was never able to put a "complete" run together. Hopefully this summer I'll have a little better luck running hard from the 0' to the 1320' mark.

Good luck: Jason

I forgot to mention that I had a translator plus set up with an extender chip. I really think this set up helps. I think alot of guys on regular chips that adjusting fuel pressure for proper o2's at the big end of the track wind up being to rich on the launch. Plus I think there are issues with waste gates that start creaping open to early. I dont think that launching at as high of boost as possible is the key. I think getting to "SET" boost as fast as possible, making as much power as you can while the boost is climbing, and putting it to the ground efficiently are the keys.

HTH: Jason

p.s: chips that remove some fuel and raise boost in 1st gear may be some thing you would want to look into. I'm going to be running a wide band Big Stuff 3 fuel management set up this year. I kind of wish I would have held off for a few months because I had just got a new style extender chip with some special features burnt into it for launching good. I never got to try those features out and I'll always be curious about how the car would have responded to those features.

aquikv6

Now I got to whoop your a$$ ! :mad: You got me babbling on and on acting like I know what I'm talking about and I missed the end of an Ebay auction Ive been watching for a week!

If your ever down at the Buick Nationals you can buy me a beer, and we could over look the a$$ whoopin :D

Jason

Postal,

You helped a fellow Buick owner with your advice, and saved money by missing the ebay auction. What more could you ask for? A good whoopin is alway fun, and I'll buy you a beer when were finished. Thanks for the help with the 60' times.

28x9" Hoosiers, air bags on both sides...air pressure depends on the starting line condition, heavy duty wheel cylinders, aluminum drums, Art Carr 9" nonlock-up, Q trim T70. I typically leave with about 10psi on the boost gauge. I do NOT let the boost keep climbing as the lights are coming down. This takes travel out of your front suspension and will limit weight transfer which will hurt you (at least it does with my two cars). I also run no front sway bar with 90/10s in the front and 50/50s in the back. My pinion angle is set at negative 6 degrees. Foot-brake only, NO t-brake. Best 60' is 1.47. Car typically goes high 1.49s-low 1.50.

SUB 1.50 60 ft

Like alot of people have said , "It takes power and traction" But heres a parts list of what it takes. Suspension Wise. . .

Metco Lower Control Arms

Metco Upper Adj.

ATR Rear Sway Bar (Front Removed)

90/10 Front Shocks

50/50 Rear Shocks

28 x 11.5 E.T. Street

Air Bag in Right Rear (10-15psi)

8-12 lbs Foot Brake Launches(My Car Has Awesome Brakes)

lots of ways to do this

on my tta ( has 194k on the clock)with upgraded turbo 3500 stall converter and a stage right trans break (lol) in vegas last year i cut a 1.46 60 with a 25 psi launch on the rev limiter (tires about 6" off the ground) it was a blast

shawn