update - Lone Star buick brand X bash

TXGS

Here is the hotel information for the event to be held on September 27th:

Hotel information goes as follows $45 dollars a night. for either a single king sized bed or two single beds. Temple academy raceway works in conjunction with this hotel and offers a racers discount which is the $45 so make sure to mention it. Here is the phone number to make reservations at the hotel. Hotel Name - Great Western Inn. Phone # 254-773-1515. Also there are plenty of eating establishments within minutes of the hotel. We have a lot of area for parking. so trailors will not be an issue.

If intrested in pictures of the hotel see the thread below on V8buick.com

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20370&pagenumber=3

If anyone has any questions PM me and I will do my best to get it for you.

Sept. 27th
Damn ! Another conflict

23 days till........deer archery season
My priorities are screwed up
:eek:

Maybe Noble ( If I ever get my car back)
I'm still around, but not many would know it.

yea right
hm...( bring a little corn, bow etc.) okay !
any trees to hang a stand in ;)

Probably get about as many shots , right ?

Originally posted by G McCall
yea right
hm...( bring a little corn, bow etc.) okay !
any trees to hang a stand in ;)

Probably get about as many shots , right ?

Greg, wouldn't you rather shoot Fords than Deer?:confused: :eek:

Originally posted by fast86gn
Greg, wouldn't you rather shoot Fords than Deer?:confused: :eek:

Usually,
but a deer hunter can't miss opening morning.

Were planning on running my car Sat. night at Denton to see if new combo is ready.

Hard to make plans when I don't just yet have car back.

I was considering making the trip to Temple Academy Raceway for the races on the 27th. Is there going to be a good turn out of Turbo Buicks? ( The main reason for me to go) Besides this post, I haven't seen any other mentionings of the "Lone Star Buick Bash". Is this in connection with the Lone Star Buick Club or just the name. Just trying to get an idea of the number of TB's that will be racing.

this event is part BPG (buick performance group) and LSBPC (lone star buick performance club) We are going to have a wide range of buicks. I know there will be several TTypes coming with me from Austin - James Kay, Mike Hogan, Raul lopez.Todd King,Jeff Neil, Zac Prutt

David newton from dallas is trying to bring both his cars. David is the Race and Show Director for the lone star event.

John Schmidt will be here with his twin turbo opel.

Along with all the other Buicks coming.

Maybe David will pop in here and give you a word or too from the Dallas side.

7 turbo cars from austin!

Ok guys, Time for another update. We have got sponsorship from the BPG and possibly the LSBPC (Lone Star Buick Performance Club) as of right now we are looking to get to the track for setup of our buick area about 11am. We will have BBQ (hotdogs and burgers, chips) if you want something else you are welcome to bring it. We will be coning off the buick area with cones that say buick club on them. The racing starts at 3:30 the time from 11 to 2:30 will be for Bench racing and Meeting people. We will be having a raffle each (only) buick owners will recieve a ticket for showing up in there prized buick. Prizes are as follows for right now. BPG Memberships - BPG TEE Shirts - LSBPC Tee Shirts and possibly more to come. There will be a $50 award givin to the buick that goes furthest in competion at the track. Also One of my good friends will be recording the event on a digital video camera so we will possible have good footage of the buicks racing at this event. If you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me on this board.

Hotel information goes as follows $45 dollars a night. for either a single king sized bed or two single beds. Temple academy raceway works in conjunction with this hotel and offers a racers discount which is the $45 so make sure to mention it. Here is the phone number to make reservations at the hotel. Hotel Name - Great Western Inn. Phone # 254-773-1515. Also there are plenty of eating establishments within minutes of the hotel. We have a lot of area for parking. so trailors will not be an issue.

Originally posted by Nat'l Gee
I was considering making the trip to Temple Academy Raceway for the races on the 27th. Is there going to be a good turn out of Turbo Buicks? ( The main reason for me to go) Besides this post, I haven't seen any other mentionings of the "Lone Star Buick Bash". Is this in connection with the Lone Star Buick Club or just the name. Just trying to get an idea of the number of TB's that will be racing.

I believe Phil just about covered it all. There should be a good number of TR's and BB cars, remember this is a BUICK get-together.

I'll have my GN there if I get the tranny fixed in time, maybe even both cars?

This event was the idea of Phil's with a little help from me, it's just a get-together to have some fun and do some racing, it is not an LSPBC event but you should see a few club members participating. Hope to see you there.

You can check out our website under events go www.lspbc.org

Ok Turbo guys/gals chime in who is going to make it from the DFW area????

David Newton
LSPBC Race/Show Director

Thanks for the reply... I think the trip would be worth it to see 7+ TB's ( I'm sure there will be more ) on one day.

hope to see you there! I am gonna see if I can get the guy with the conquest with a turbo 6 to go as well.:)