Updates on TTA diecast

Just got an email back from Matt at Greenlight and he said they're still working strong on the TTA model. He said they're expecting a complete metal diecast to be made in the next 60 days and after that it should all be downhill from there and just the finalization type stuff. They're still working on some of the wiring and hoses under the hood right now, can't wait to see a finalized metal version.

I noticed the other day that they changed the expected date to TBA instead of a certain time of the year. That can't be good.

I think everyone's cool here...........if I get someone's #, I'll trade it even up, or take even money...................because guys, we're all in a brotherhood! Only 1555 of these exist!

I ordered 3 today :cool: ^^ what he said ^^

October 2007

I just looked at the site yesterday and saw that the new date is 10/2007. As long as they get everything right what's another couple months.

I just ordered one, it would be cool to get one of the lower 1550, but who knows, im guessing its a crap shoot at this point

Delayed Again!

Just looked at the release date. Now the cars are expected to release in April 2008. One of these days the car will be sent. Hopefully the value goes up each time the release date gets pushed back;)

Are they adding the sound of turbo spool when the hood is opened? Maybe a life size Julio stand-up?

Alright I know there's a couple other threads but I thought I would make a new one. Greenlight Toys has been working hard trying to make the nicest and most correct TTA they possibly can. .

Is these folks (Diecast cars, diecast model cars, diecast collectibles, diecastmuscle cars) a vendor for Greenlight toys? If so, I wouldn't count on ever seeing this model. I placed 2 orders several years ago and I just checked on it today and the date has been changed again to April 2008. The add says it will be a run of 3500. So, it appears to me that the model won't be released until there is 3500 pre-orders, I just don't see this happenin! This deal actually came up on the old TTA mail list when it was still hosted by Topica and that was some where back in 2001 or 02. As I recall, when this first came up, the release date was like 18 months after the 1st add. I'd say, most of the guys that were on the old list and ordered this thing don't even have thier cars anymore. How many folks are even on this forum?

Is these folks (Diecast cars, diecast model cars, diecast collectibles, diecastmuscle cars) a vendor for Greenlight toys? If so, I wouldn't count on ever seeing this model. I placed 2 orders several years ago and I just checked on it today and the date has been changed again to April 2008. The add says it will be a run of 3500. So, it appears to me that the model won't be released until there is 3500 pre-orders, I just don't see this happenin! This deal actually came up on the old TTA mail list when it was still hosted by Topica and that was some where back in 2001 or 02. As I recall, when this first came up, the release date was like 18 months after the 1st add. I'd say, most of the guys that were on the old list and ordered this thing don't even have thier cars anymore. How many folks are even on this forum?

Is there any way to get your money back now ?

twinvipers said:
Is there any way to get your money back now ?

I emailed them I guess about a year ago and thier response was 'they don't charge your card until the piece is shipped'. So, given the length of time I have had my orders in, I wouldn't know if they have already charged me or not. My concern now is, they have my card # and I don't know which card I used. Oldtimers disease!

I just noticed this thread started in Dec. 2006. Duh! I hope I'm not living in a home and drooling on myself when this thing happens! Say! What did Nostradomas have to say about it?:rolleyes:

The add says it will be a run of 3500. So, it appears to me that the model won't be released until there is 3500 pre-orders, I just don't see this happenin!

The vendor you linked is just a Dealer. Greenlight will produce 3500, and those will be distributed to their Many different dealers. This will happen, they will be built.

I ordered from that place also, and they never have charged my card (I know which one I put it on). The thing is, the card will expire soon so who knows what will happen. :D