USA shootout at the Rock

ghall

I received an e-mail yesterday confirming a USA shootout at Rockingham for March 2(saturday).Test-n-tune begins Feb. 8(friday night).
I know of several 11 sec. vettes from my neck of the woods that will make it--plus there was several 10-11 sec. ta's/camaros last time.I hope to see some tr's there

Geoff Hall

Geoff if at all possible ill be there hopefully ill have a couple of tweaks done to my car,are you going to bring your GN?:D

Whaddaya know?

Still can't promise anything, but thanks for the heads up, all the same! If I do go, anyone think they might be able to help me out in the possibility that I break something? I might have to provide an airport pick up on that day, I guess we'll see what happens.

-Greg

Originally posted by CKBuick
Geoff if at all possible ill be there hopefully ill have a couple of tweaks done to my car,are you going to bring your GN?:D

Sure hope you can make it.I am definately shooting to have my car there--we will see if some things work out.I know i will be there for sure with the corvette boys from last time--they have done some wicked stuff since last race--should be fun.As it gets closer--lets see if you will be able to make and make sure we find each other when we get there.Do you think your buddy that was parked next to you last time will be able to attend??

Greg---Sure hope you can make it.I will have a car trailer with me just in case one of my crowd breaks something.I promise if you make it down to the event and break something.We will get ya home.

Geoff Hall

Damn I havn't heard any information about that race yet. I usually hear about it on a mailing list or a camaro message board at least a month in advance. Glad I looked here hehehe

Is the schedule the same as last year as far as the times when the qualifying starts and stuff like that? Do you know if theres gonna be an F-Body shootout along with it again?

According to the e-mail i received ---the format is the exact same as the event a few months ago.Hope to see you there.

Geoff Hall

co-ordination

ghall,
If I know my car wouldn't be stuck at Rockingham for god-knows how long if it breaks - I'd be willing to meet you at the track whenever you happen to go cause I miss beatin' on my car. Sure, I'd be out of a car for a while(if it does break), but it sure is fun to race (even for me with my @14sec stock = slow car)

Hey, can you throw up another Rockingham link?

Of course, with that said, who knows when or if I'd ever make it out anyway! Let's see, this weekend I get to spend it with the USNR, last weekend I was helping my g/f's mom move back from Baltimore. I've also been thinking about meeting up with the Virginian's @ VMP, but I guess Raleigh is a lot closer to Petersburg that Wilmington, huh?

-Greg

i'm from rockingham, and i wish i could come down...but that would be to much driving for me...i will be down there another time for some tuning though during the spring....i love that track, going to that track with this car i just got last year would be like a homecoming for me...because the last time i ran at the rock i broke my rearend in my hotair car launching on slicks....the track was well prep'd....so i can't wait to make a pass in this beast...you guys have fun, and if you can't get home and you need somewhere to park your cars...you can park them at my dad's house in hamlet until you can come and get them again....it's really no problem, it's about 8-10 miles from the track...just a thought, i'm always trying to help...let me know if you need my phone number before you go down there just in case.....

Will race be completed on Sat. or will this be a two day event?

Scott

I'm figuring the odds

(to be edited later)

Okay. It's "later" I was looking at the post about VMP opening up also on Mar 2nd. I don't expect to suceed in talking anyone out of Rockingham for VMP, but I was wondering anyway. Hey Geoff, how long of a drive is it for you to get to Petersburg? It's like, four hours right? (what was I thinking) How long does it take you to get to Rockingham? Just between you, me & the rest of tb.com, I'll probably end up at Rockingham if I even come out to play at all.

Hey, if I go, how will I know who you are? I'll be in either my Bronze T-type, or my WE4. I'm @ 5'8", 180lb oriental w/ glasses. Look forward to meeting you if I make it out there.

-Greg

Greg
Petersburg is about 4 hours away--you are correct.
This weekend i will be at the rock though--Some of my corvette buddies and i have been planning to attend this for some time now.You should really try to make it down for this--we are going to have a ton of food(bunch of stuff cooked up on the grill friday night)--drinks---and some vette guys to talk junk to.--Although they are some pretty quick vettes--they are great guys and a bunch of fun.
We are aiming to be there around 10:00 or 10:30----We should easy to spot.I will be in a heavily customized black 4-door dually with a 32 foot enclosed trailer with a golf cart to run around with.The side of the trailer says "Mike's frame and body shop".There will also be 3 or 4 corvettes parked beside me and hopefully if CKBuick can make it down---there will be a GN parked beside us with a white x-cab dodge pulling it.
If you make it--i am 6'3" about 215 lbs.--and will probably be the one cursing at the black car:D ---hope you can make it.

Geoff Hall

assuming my torque converter gets shipped back to me as expected, I plan on driving over from Charlotte and running in it. I have a 87 GN with tag V6-Beast. See ya'll there.

Sully
87 GN
10.95@122

Rain in the forecast!!!

Anyone know how to do a Rain-dance so that it DOESN'T rain? What's the back up plan?

-Greg

Got an e-mail from steve earwood today----he said---they beleive it blow over.Gotta check the morning of the event--i think it is going to be fine---i sure hope so.

CKbuick---bring the wifes ride if you have to---We are also bringing a 30 foot motorhome now---i don't know if we will get to drag race--but we are going to have a good time---see ya there.

Geoff Hall

Not surprising for me...

Here's what happened to me...

Had a little tranny trouble (long story, but only a very minor problem) and then it started to rain up here - so I decided not to come down (besides the fact that I needed to let the JBweld cure overnight). Well, I did get closer to coming out this time than I had before so as time progresses - maybe I'll actually make it to the track one of these days.

How was it?

This thing is in 2 weeks--i just thought i would throw it to the top to see if anyone would be interested.I know CKbuick and myself will be there with some tr's--sure would be nice to see some more.
I just made my first 28lb(boost) pass in the car last night----needless to say i am getting excited now.Hope to see a good turnout for this thing.

Geoff Hall