Value of 1991 Syclone?

QWIKSIX

I am looking at a 1991 GMC Syclone. I think it would look good next to the GN. I would like to get opinions on the value and whether or not they will hold their value. Even though they are real fast and rarer than GN's they don't seem to bring as much money. I am also interested in hearing opinions on why that is.

The truck I am looking at has 85,000 miles. Looks like it has half that. Only mods I could see were 3" exhaust and some sort of dial boost controller. The paint is almost flawless. The bed has the tonneau cover over it and has zero scratches inside. Brand new tires on polished factory wheels. Interior is near mint. It started and idled like a new one. The motor was very clean. A 70 year old man has it now and keeps it in climate-controlled storage. Not sure of the history before him.

He wants $9500.00. This seems like a good price to me. Just want to make sure I could get my money back out of it if something else comes up.

Thanks.

I have been looking around a little and all the ones I have found hvae been a lot higher priced that that.

That's a pretty good price, but take someone with you to look at who KNOWS these trucks. They are full of quirks and things that only a SyTy guy will know. Head over to SyTy.net and post a request in the newbie section for some help...they (we) are happy to help and love going to look at trucks.

I've owned a GN, a Syclone and now a Typhoon and I can tell you that SyTys can be beasts to maintain but they can also be reliable, fast, and fun. Believe it or not, they are less "refined" than GNs even though they were made some years later. Don't go in blind...take someone with you.

Prices are creeping up slightly on Syclones, but in recent years both Sys and Tys have taken a tremendous hit. They are going cheap nowadays.

Good luck! And run a carfax!! You can often also get history on a truck at SyTy because the guys over there know MANY of the 3,000 trucks produced.

Thats a great price for a stock(ish) clean truck ... I paid a few thousand more for mine 5 years ago with 25k less miles ---

that's a good price if the trucks as you describe. I would obtain the vin or at least the last four digits of it which is the production number and ask over on syty.net if anybody knows the history because there are guys over there that log or record all history about these trucks by the vin/production number plus allot of old timers over there that have been in the syty game since the begining

i've wanted one of them since they first came out.. the first time i ever saw one in person was at a GMC dealership that had about 20 of them lined up along the road shortly after they came out- that was one hell of a sight..

Dial-a boost would concern me. These trucks rarely blow head gaskets. They bend rods:( IMO the stocker(is that a word) the better. Mine has 35K as of today.:biggrin: Also, not as easy to mod compared to GN's. Mine went 13.4 stock.
Ross

But,,,,, price seem good for how you described it. Very fun trucks. Is the cladding unfinished or painted? Definately do the carfax, and read up(as others mentioned) on syty.org Lots of great guys and info there.:)
Ross