Vapor canister removal

hotzlucas

So I'm planning on removing the vapor canister I know the risks of the tank exploding and etc. anyways to you guys that have I know you put on a breathing fuel filter at the hose from the tank but what do you do with the vacuum hose from the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap the vacuum line at it's source. There really is no performance gain by removing it.

I read somewhere that a person removed canister, capped the vacuum line, left the purge line from tank and ran the other end into the air filter.

There is no reason to remove the canister. If it's in the way in can be relocated to the frame rail right over the steering box. The inner fender is even notched for it.

Thought I read somewhere that it only purges the gas tank for a short time when the engine is first started. Is that correct?

There's a filter pad on the bottom that can be replaced.

Took mine out 2.5 years ago. Plugged vacuum line, capped steel vent lines, and put a lawn mower fuel filter on the rubber vent tube going to the sender. No issues and no fuel smell. And I keep it in a tight garage

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Mine was somewhat in the way of my cone filter, so I just took out the screws that hold it in place and laid it on it's side.

I lucked out and picked up an ATR relocation kit from one of the local gents.