video: c5 beats gn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that this video would make it over here, it was at the Corvette forum today. Good kill though!

Nice video, but....

what is your point:confused: There is a video on www.buickpower.com of 2 GNs beating a Viper, so maybe I should go to the Viper board and post the video to prove something:rolleyes:

What was that, a 1/10th mile run? The "race" was about 10 seconds total (obviously neither are 10 second cars) - a little less if you listen to when the GN let up.

Good kill?

Jim

videos are fun

sorry if feelings were hurt :boohoo:

what's the name of this forum?

kill/fish stories

or

kill/fish stories/but only if it's buicks killing other cars :rolleyes:

you posted this knowing full well the reaction you would get so stop playing stupid.

also funny how it takes a brand new C5 to beat on a car that us what? 15-17 years old? wow! what an accomplishment.

you rube.

Originally posted by MY85pontiac
you posted this knowing full well the reaction you would get so stop playing stupid.

sorry, didn't know that this was the buick circlejerk forum

also funny how it takes a brand new C5 to beat on a car that us what? 15-17 years old? wow! what an accomplishment.

so are you trying to say that your car is a pos?

you rube.

uh, what's that?

Originally posted by turbojimmy
What was that, a 1/10th mile run? The "race" was about 10 seconds total (obviously neither are 10 second cars) -

Good kill?

probably because they were approaching a crossroad with traffic flowing and they didn't want to crash into other motorists.

a little less if you listen to when the GN let up.

probably because the buick's brakes needed more road to stop vs. the vette's brakes.

question...what were the MODS done to that GN? it sounds stock if you ask me...and it still kept up with a C5...

good race none the less...nobody can win every race...not even lamborghini wins all the time:rolleyes:

Originally posted by See5

probably because they were approaching a crossroad with traffic flowing and they didn't want to crash into other motorists.

Well that explains it then :rolleyes: Real smart. I didn't think I needed to spell it out for you - those weren't really the best conditions for a race given the short distance, no mark of the finish line, etc. It was obvious the Buick let up first. Not making excuses, a race is a race - a win is a win. The Buick guy agreed to it and lost. The Vette had him the whole time, but how stupid are you people racing toward cross-traffic?
probably because the buick's brakes needed more road to stop vs. the vette's brakes.

No sh*t? Really? Thanks for pointing that one out. I never would've guessed that a modern 4-wheel disk system with ABS would out-brake a 17-year old non-ABS disk/drum setup.

Thanks for the clarification.

Jim

Damn, some of youse guys get real defensive when a GN gets beat.

A GN lost. So what? You can't win 'em all. That's life. Get over it.

Never-the-less, Good kill, But.......

How much did he pay for that Vette again?..... Oh I see. How many people can you sit in their?..... Oh, O.K.

:eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

C5 is the same as Z06 right?

with that said, i have beaten quite a few myself, nothing to it, that GN must off been stock, about a month ago I ran into a caravan of vettes about 10 of them, (must of been some kind of club) on the highway, i tried to get a little race but nobody wanted any, so to piss them off i got in front of their pack , which btw was the middle lane on the freeway and led them for about 30miles, it was funny as hell.., to me anyways. :D

Originally posted by See5
videos are fun

sorry if feelings were hurt :boohoo:

what's the name of this forum?

kill/fish stories

or

kill/fish stories/but only if it's buicks killing other cars :rolleyes:

...:rolleyes:

Looked to me like the vette was maybe a car length out. But as the cars go by and the camera pans to follow them it looks as if they are dead even. Although I can not tell when they shut down since I have no sound on my PC @ work.

See5..if you wanna come on here and brag about that kill, thats great. A kill is a Kill, and I won't deny it appears the buick lost. But if you wanna come on here and talk **** like you actually have something special, why not we organize a race with say my car, and I'll put a camera man in the car with zooooooooommmmmmm lense, so they can see how far back you are when i get done draging you down the street..

You game??;)

Alex

Vette in the race is an ARE heads/cam car for all the people asking about the mods on the vette..

:) Scabs go away faster if we don't pick at them.
A ZO6 is a C5 but not all C5's are ZO6's, about 50 hp diff.
I doubt a C5 owner is going to come here and have his first post be a crapy Street race vid, and not give his location.
:rolleyes:

Quote Nearing:
:) Scabs go away faster if we don't pick at them.

Never quite heard of it put that way, LMAO.

Originally posted by turbojimmy

Well that explains it then :rolleyes: Real smart.

The other guy inquired. It's called, responding to his inquiry. I guess you needed this explained to you as well.

I didn't think I needed to spell it out for you -

Which? The race ending due to a crossroad or what responding to an inquiry mean?

those weren't really the best conditions for a race given the short distance, no mark of the finish line, etc.

Hey, next time before posting a link to a video of some unknown person on this great big internet, I'll be sure to demand that the person who happened to have a video camera be certain that they look for a place to accomodate your request of having a sanctioned illegal streetrace with clearly marked lines, billboards, arrows, tech inspections, etc....all the while, watching for oncoming traffic, police, etc... :rolleyes:

It was obvious the Buick let up first.

Just above, you said that you didn't need it spelled out. I guess I have to spell it out twice that the Buick's brakes needed more distance to stop (alot more) before he rammed into the cars at the crossroads. :genius:

Not making excuses, a race is a race - a win is a win. The Buick guy agreed to it and lost. The Vette had him the whole time, but how stupid are you people racing toward cross-traffic?

Then why are you complaining about the Buick letting off first so he can have enough time to stop vs. the Vette's superior brakes and weight advantage?

No sh*t? Really? Thanks for pointing that one out. I never would've guessed that a modern 4-wheel disk system with ABS would out-brake a 17-year old non-ABS disk/drum setup.

Well based on your brilliant assertion above as to how the Buick let off first, it seemed that you were oblivious to the fact that they were approaching a crossroad and that the Buick with it's antiquated braking system and boatlike weight, needed more time to stop.

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem. Even if I did have to explain it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.