Voltmeter in place of dummy light

I'm just an amateur hack when it comes to really getting precise with electronics, but I'm guessing a DC to DC conversion is easier to than an 0hms to DC.

Measurements as requested starting on the left side of dummy lights:
View attachment 208869 pic for reference
All widths are 37mm
From bottom to top the heights are
14mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
16mm

Now for the right side
View attachment 208868 pic for reference
All widths are 38mm
From bottom to top the heights are
24mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
13mm
15mm

Keep in mind you can combine two sections if needed and with a little ingenuity you can even move your functioning dummy lights to other places. You can cut your overlay and piece together how you want them to be then glue them to a thin piece of plexi the same size as original then just run small wires soldered on the board to your new light location.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Since it wasnt posted...(I believe I ordered a 3 wire unit) Where do you connect the wires? Im assuming you connect the wires to the dummy light holder?

Make sure you verify the unit you have can monitor it's own voltage. Then just find a hot and a ground and splice it in.

@Chevman, it fits fine, or did you have to trim the tabs on the ends?

Sent from my A/S8 using Tapatalk

I am assuming, on the three wire unit, that the red and yellow wires can be spliced together...

@Chevman, it fits fine, or did you have to trim the tabs on the ends?

I havent messed around with installing it yet. Its been too cold to mess around with the car and its the holiday season so I havent had time to install it. I will post my results when I go ahead with the install. Im sure ill have more questions as I go.

Just finished my install today and wanted to post a pic. Even though it doesnt really look like it in the pic, the display is pretty dim through the 5% tint so I think Im going to swap it out with some 15 or 20%. Pretty cool and thanks again for the post and idea!

Where did you find the red display?

Nail polish remover and a Q-tip removed the colored paint fast! Per my wifes suggestion ;)