Weird AC issue

86grdnatl

Ok so my 86 grand national has had this problem ever since i got it running in 2010. I have to unplug the ac plug up near the bottom of the windshield (passenger side) because if i dont, some kind of fan will continuously run even when the car is not running. The interior AC only works when this plug is plugged in, however i have to unplug it when i shut the car off or the fan noise will keep going and drain the battery. has anyone else had this issue? sorry if i am not explaining this well enough...thanks alot, justin

Can you take a pic of this plug your talking about? This may help determine the cause of your issue. It's sounds like it could be the blower resistor plug, a pic will help.

Tom

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You say some kind of fan. Is it the blower motor? The rad fan? I'm assuming the connector you unplug stops the heat from working too. Did you check the blower motor resistor?

Turbo buicks have a relay that allows the fan to run when the car is shut off. When it goes bad, the fan may run intermittenly and stay on when the car is off, long enough to drain the battery.
The relay is on the driverside fender. That's the one to unplug or replace. I believe its the biggest relay on the driver side of the engine bay..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app