Welcome Baer Brake Systems!

Hey Laz,

I will get some weights on Monday and post them up for you!

Thx for all the support guys!!! :)

Rick,
Welcome aboard. Pro-Touring seems to be gaining interest in the TB world. Your expertise will be welcomed.
Conrad

Thx Conrad!!

As for the weight question, here is what I got this morning.

A stock corner assembly on the spindle weighs in at 40 lbs
Baer SS4+ on a modified stock spindle comes in at 32.1

So we are 7.9lbs lighter a side (15.8 complete)

Stock caliper weights in at 7.58lbs (no pads)
Baer S4 caliper 4.9 (assembly with pads)

Stock rotor 19.1 lbs
Baer rotor 12.3lbs

Baer Aluminum hub 4.2lbs

Here are some pics... sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

• caliper.jpg
    caliper.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 588
  • rotor.jpg
    rotor.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 558
Welcome Rick, I cant thank you enough for helping me with my problem with the rotors...the customer service at Baer Brake is awesome....

Thx guys!!!! :)

GNBrett, you are correct and that is what we have been working on this past year!! We introduced a new SS4+ front that features a 4 piston caliper mounted to an 11" 2pc rotor. Here is a pic of it

This is largest brake we can fit in a 15" wheel. We offer this build on spindles, or in parts (like shown) so you can modify your own. As pictured (with powder option) runs $995.00.

This is an aluminum caliper, stainless pistons, dust and weather sealed (meets DOT specs), 11" 2pc rotor (directional so specific left and right), billet hubs (with timken tapered bearings), hoses, pads, fittings etc.

This has all the benifits of our larger brakes just in a smaller package :)

Awesome! What would have to be done to the stock spindles to make this bolt on? That's a hell of a kit there!

Hey Bill,

The factory caliper mount has to be cut off. This is not a precision cut, just a material removal.

Then from there you are going to drill and tap a couple of the dust shield bolt holes to 12mm.

We are working on instructions now, I can send you them when they are finished if you want?

Thx!!

Hey Bill,

The factory caliper mount has to be cut off. This is not a precision cut, just a material removal.

Then from there you are going to drill and tap a couple of the dust shield bolt holes to 12mm.

We are working on instructions now, I can send you them when they are finished if you want?

Thx!!

That would be fantastic, Thanks!
But you also said you supply the spindle if wanted, correct? What's the price difference there?

Thanks again!!!

Bill,

Yes we offer this as an option.

To get the spindles from us, and we will pre-assemble the system on the spindles so they are ready to go it is an additional $200.00

Thx!

Fantastic!! Thanks so much for the info Rick and I look forward to the instructions when you get them completed.!!!

Bill,

I will be getting them to you shortly :)

We just had a PSCA Wild street car in here that we retrofit with our new SS4+ drag spec system, and dual staging brake rear. We wanted to do a custom color to make it stand out (we have to get peoples attention some how).

This is a transparent candy red powdercoat. Thoughts?? :)

Attachments

• Candy Red.JPG
    Candy Red.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 405
  • candy red 2.JPG
    candy red 2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 407
For the drag racers that have a modified rear with a bearing on axle (such as a 9") or 9" ends. We can do the same SS4+ on the rear as the front with No park brake. Rear (pic on the right) with hoses and powder finish would run $825.00. (clear shown is $100 less).

What about a stock 8.5 with C-clip elminators?? Or do you have to have ford ends??

Collin,

Currently we do not have anything to work with the c-clip eliminators..

The SS4+ rear that is pictured is only designed for 9" ends, we do offer a SS4 (1pc 12" rotor with park brake) for the stock GN rear but it will not work with the billet bolt on c-clip eliminator.

Thx!

Collin,

Currently we do not have anything to work with the c-clip eliminators..

The SS4+ rear that is pictured is only designed for 9" ends, we do offer a SS4 (1pc 12" rotor with park brake) for the stock GN rear but it will not work with the billet bolt on c-clip eliminator.

Thx!

Well that kinda sucks. Just curious, but looking at your ford end kit it appears that if it had a dual bolt pattern on it that it would work for elims. I wonder if it could be drilled to fit.

Welcome to TB.com

Some real nice stuff you have there. :cool:

A web link in your sig might come in handy.

Collin,

After thinking about it...

The non-park brake SS4+ rear (11" 2pc rotor). That bracket only has a single pattern in it... though we have modified it in the past for dual pattern (and plan to build more patterns) might work.

It is thicker than a drum backing plate so you will have to shim the caliper a little more, but I think it might work.

Let me do some research today and I will let you know :)

Thx!

Master Cylinder's?

Will you be a source for M/Cs and IF not, do you have someone you could recommend for your
new setup?

Finally something for 15" wheels...:cool: