what about a jasper remanufactured engine

what do you think about a jasper remanufactured engine
3 years and or 75k miles warrenty
i have a t-400 on my work truck from them 5 years now and no problems .
i think they also live run test it, not shore?.

their info link http://webapp.jasperengines.com/webcat/catalog.asp

The Price Is: $2801.00
Core Deposit For This Unit Is: $750.00
Skid Deposit For This Unit Is: $15.00
Sold On An Exchange Basis w/Jasper

Jasper

The company I work for is a fleet customer for Jasper.We have never had a problem with any of their engines.They have done gas,dual fuel and propane only motors for us.I also called them about doing my GN motor and they said they can build my original motor and send it back to me so there wouldn't be a core charge.They were also going to send me the shipping pallet.I think the price they quoted me was 2300 because of all the business we give them.I doubt any one would be able to touch that price unless they did it themselves.Plus the warrenty can't be beat.Good luck,AJ

Who knows what parts or clearances they use(no doubt- the least expensive)? I'd sooner use someone that is well versed in performance Buick motors/turbo applications for a re-build, and only have to install my motor once.

You have to watch for those as they will often times give you the same motor as someone with a NA 3.8 (ie wrong crank, rods, cast pistons).

A dependqable turbo 400 trans is easy...a dependable turbo 109 block however!!!.....
I saw that Rockauto has them listed too. (our engines).

Jasper the friendly ghost

Every jasper engine I installed had a problem or worse. Did a Camry engine three times, first one had no compression in number two cylinder, second one never made it into the car (completely wrong application), third was missing the balance shaft asm and didn't even have the gear for it on the crank. If you use a jasper engine keep your tools out ;) You'll need them again.
Buick 3.0l lasted one weekend in a customers Century wagon. Chrysler 2.2 blew oil filters off the block :eek:
Years ago Jasper was in NASCAR, loved to watch the first ten laps to see how long they lasted :biggrin:

Roll the dice...and hope it doesn't crap on you :rolleyes:

Spend a little extra and get an engine done the right way! I hear nothing but horror stories about those Jasper engines. In the end it might even save you $$$

Chances are you will not get a turbo crank from them from what i ve heard. check out grooms or weber.

Who has to pay for the motor removal and reinstall every time you have to because of problems with the rebuild.

I have also had a few warranty claims with Jasper engines. My shop is a preferred installer. Everyone has to remember they build a large number of engines and transmissions but only have about a 3% failure rate. It sucks when it happens to you or a customer. They pay like a slot machine, pay Mitchell flat rate so the shop or tech doesn't come up short. We get a lot of warranty engines or transmission that were installed by other shops or under a shade tree. Most things we see are warranty from a poor install job,or lack of being clean when working on the engine. I'm sure some won't agree with me. I did install a Jasper trans in my Gn and broke it 3 times. They paid for all 3 labor claims. I then put that trans in a stock GN and it worked great. Stock car use a Jasper. Modified car use someone else.

Jasper Reman

I used to work for Jasper and they are good at remanufacturing OEM engines using the same specs with upgraded parts.(by the way, you can go to their website and watch the videos of the reman. process) I would recommend them in a stock vehicle, however when you are looking at a performance application I agree with others in this thread that you should stick to the builders who are tried and true. As razor always says, do not reinvent the wheel. Most remanufacturers do not specialize in finding the weak spots in performance applications. If it were me I would not gamble with a reman. Pay a little extra now and get it done right the first time.
There is my .02 cents.
Almost forgot to mention that the warranty is void if you are racing a Jasper Reman.! :eek:

you guys are the best

thanks guys for the postsssssss

the engine is going into a giant peace of furniture in a garage that will go out to the drive way then back in.

Lazy Boy

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
thanks guys for the postsssssss

the engine is going into a giant peace of furniture in a garage that will go out to the drive way then back in.

Jaspers are great for furniture...you should have told us :rolleyes: