What Color Paint?!?

Crazy87GN

So! it's time to decide on a color for a 1977 monte carlo with a 454 and a 700r4 tranny with a 4.10 rear end...... should i take the landeu top off and paint the whole car or leave the landeu top on?? this car is my strip blasting street stopping baby....... i've got 22 inch panther realms on it. I was thinking a dark burnt orange that would flip to a darker red?? anyone have any pics or know of anywhere that has some colors like this??

You mean something like Prowler Orange?

orangeprowler9.jpg

You'd really have to see it in person though. Pictures don't do justice.

Here is a bunch more

http://www.dodgevipersforsale.com/01prowler.htm

yeah i like that....... it does have a redish tint to it
hmmmm................what do you think on the landeu top?? my friends say get rid of it and paint the whole car but i kinda like it cause that is what makes it a monte carlo

That's the color I have chosen to paint my car. I'm not sure when I'll actually do it.

How does one go about getting the color code or whatever is required for the bodyshop/painter? I have never had any of my cars painted so I'm clueless in thsi process. :confused:

What would be the best paint to use?

TIA!(sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!)

Dannyo

just tell him you want the burnt orange color on ___ year prowler. The body shop should be able to look up the color in one of their books...

PPG and House of Kolor are my choice for tops....

Ive seen a Monte of around that year in candy apple red with a black top, looked great!!!!!!! either way, keep the top....

Keep the top and keep the red, or howzabout the C5 Red from the Corvette on that link. :)

well i think i'm going to go with the prowler orange and go with a black top.............thanks for the advice and thoughts on this.......prolly won't happen till after summer since i need to change the trans to a 700r4, going with a serpentine belt system that eliminates the worthless flex fan, new radiator that has a trans cooler and two electric fans, taking the cats of and changing my exhaust so it exits right after the back tires and getting cut-outs right after the headers...........WHEW *venting*