What connector is this?

dmclean

Does anyone know what this is or where this goes? I don't remember taking this off. It may have been disconnected when moving around the wiring harness to get at the exhaust header bolts. I have no idea where it goes. It looks like there is a plunger in it and it may have broken off rather than being disconnected. Help would be appreciated.
connector1.jpg

connector2.jpg

Should I go with a wideband O2 sensor? I just installed turbotweak chip with new 42 lb injectors, powerLogger, and had the head pockets opened up a bit. I'm just going to be running 91-93 octane fuel.

The car was my uncles and hasn't run for 13 years. I remembered there were two O2 in the trunk. A bosch 12014 with a single wire, and a bosch 15705 with a 4-wie connector. The single wire sensor looks like a replacement for the broken one. I'm not sure if the 4-wire one would be for the buick.

The one wire sensor is the replacement for your broken one. the 4 wire sensor I'm not sure about. Not that familiar with Bosch sensors. It could be either a heated narrowband or a Wideband.
If you do decide to go with a Wideband, DO NOT install it in the stock O2's position. The Wideband should be mounted in the downpipe, a couple feet after the turbo and requires special chips to recognize/use it.

You are correct TurboDave the 4 wire sensors are the newer style obd 2 sensors that are heated to get the o2's up to speed faster to control air fuel quicker.One thing nice about the widebands is if you have or install powerlogger it can control a/f ratio like the newer obd2 stuff without you having to adjust it, just set it where you want it and go.

The bosch widebands are a 5 wire sensor and are a part number 17025, hope this helps.
Thanks gunzandgears. I just replaced the 1-wire sensor (it's 39 degrees outside). What fun. Had to hammer the 7/8 wrench to get it loose and there is not much room. I will look into a wideband next year since I have a turbotweak chip and a powerlogger installed so I should be able to work it in. I just want to finally see if it will start after all the work I've done.

If you haven't already, check your vacuum lines if the car has been sitting for a length of time. If you have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail, when you turn the key to "on" the fuel pump should come on and pressure should be registering on the gauge~38#, and 43#s w/vac. line off.

If you haven't already, check your vacuum lines if the car has been sitting for a length of time. If you have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail, when you turn the key to "on" the fuel pump should come on and pressure should be registering on the gauge~38#, and 43#s w/vac. line off.
Yhanks Shadow, I have replaced the whole fuel system, gas tank; Racetronix sending unit, fuel pump, and fuel line kit; adjustable fuel reg. all new vacuum lines, all new brake lines, wheel cylinders etc. As a note though, the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator was completely blocked. No wonder my uncle couldn't get it to run right.

I know there will be something else once I get it all buttoned up. Disconnect the ECM, spin it to see if I get oil pressure, reconnect the ECM and cross my fingers...

At least I've got lots of support here. Just think, back in April I knew absolutely nothing about Turbo Buicks. Lots more to learn.

Yhanks Shadow, I have replaced the whole fuel system, gas tank; Racetronix sending unit, fuel pump, and fuel line kit; adjustable fuel reg. all new vacuum lines, all new brake lines, wheel cylinders etc. As a note though, the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator was completely blocked. No wonder my uncle couldn't get it to run right.

I know there will be something else once I get it all buttoned up. Disconnect the ECM, spin it to see if I get oil pressure, reconnect the ECM and cross my fingers...

At least I've got lots of support here. Just think, back in April I knew absolutely nothing about Turbo Buicks. Lots more to learn.
At least you have the good sense to learn and ask questions. You will succeed in your quest.

That is correct shadow when you think you know everything you've lost the game. I have been in this business for30 years and still learn. some people on this site and the others think they know everything and cant be taught and that is sad.

Well stated. The word sophomore comes from the greek word meaning "wise-fool" and is an appropriate description for the adolescences at that stage of life. They are wise in their own eyes and quite incapable of making "good" life decisions. Some carry that attitude forward in life, others are corrected by their own bad choices. But the wise will continue to seek wisdom and understanding. Unfortunately I had to fall into the second category!

Well stated, and a lot of us have.
I'm humbled by both of you. I have been given some insight into your character and will remember this. In time, I too may be able to answer questions as you have done. I'm glad to have met you. Thanks