What did you do to your GN today?

Installed some Carbon Fiber Wrapped Door Sill Plates the other day.
I"m happy with the "new look".
Got the engraved "Buick Motorsports" door sill plates from Mark at TR Custom Parts.

Attachments

• Carbon Wrapped Door Sill Plate1.jpg
    Carbon Wrapped Door Sill Plate1.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Carbon Fiber Wrapped Door Sill Plate2.jpg
    Carbon Fiber Wrapped Door Sill Plate2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • Buick Motorsports Engraved Plate.jpg
    Buick Motorsports Engraved Plate.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 154
Drove my car down to the ol man's house yesterday to polish em up and have a beer... Doesn't get better then that.

Mike, I'm envious. It's been 25 years and I still miss my old man. He would've loved my GN.
Love him, and enjoy the hell outta him while you got him. Looks like you're doing just that. Hats off to you , my friend. Hats off to you!!

took the tat for about 200 mile drive then changed trans fluid and filter, will do fuel filter tomorrow.

Fix my no light on instrument cluster A/C radio pocket shifter selector and gauges .
around the same time finished installing AF gauge bringing fuel ratio enter the correct range was running super rich and no timing all I can say about the after effect is wow night and day
this was a good weekend!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

d0c6cf05b54a9e8b054f43b416de0ba3.jpg

Well there were three of us. Mine got new Moser axles, one got a scanmaster 3 and a 4" MAF pipe, and we set the pinion angle and tuned the third at WOT. Fun day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, I'm envious. It's been 25 years and I still miss my old man. He would've loved my GN.
Love him, and enjoy the hell outta him while you got him. Looks like you're doing just that. Hats off to you , my friend. Hats off to you!!

Very touching story Johnnie, sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing. My ol man is my best friend, and I hope it stays that way for long time.

Very touching story Johnnie, sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing. My ol man is my best friend, and I hope it stays that way for long time.

Since the weather finally broke,had a chance to do some long awaited stuff. Changed out the 190 degree thermostat for a 180, drained and refilled the cooling system with new stuff, removed the leaking PS pump and replaced it with a new one,
changed the oil with 10w30 and ZDDP, evacuated and recharged the A/C. Now it blows CCCcooollld......

Thank you Mike for the comment. I am the youngest of three, and the only boy. With that in mind, I don't think I have to comment on the relationship I had with pop. I was extremely fortunate. He took me *everywhere* he went, as I did with my daughter when she was growing up. Pop could be intense ( never violent) but intense only because I was being stupid. I learned much, and the things I learned from him have served me well -- like hard work, honesty, how to be a daddy, and how to be a friend.

Ive been screwing with my inop cruise control since I've owned the car.

I had the factory manual out running the fault diagram and shooting wires and it all came out fine. Vacuum lines are tight and zip tied, ect ... wtf.

I pulled the brake pedal cut out switch because my brake lights were acting up and I was in the area, so I pulled the CC switch too and opened it up.

What I found was the internal contacts were completely recessed and not making contact when the pedal is neutral. So the CC thinks the pedal is pushed all the time.

After a quick clean, contact adjustment, wire brush, dielectric and reassembly, that shits works like a champ just in time for a cruise south to the MAGNA show in a few weeks. I'm stoked.

Sent from my Spaceship.

Did a test on the Rad to see if it had combustion gasses, will purge out the overflow sometimes. Runs fine, doesn't seem to have a blown H gasket, no coolant in oil, no oil in coolant, figured it was an easy test to make sure...

Apparently the vacuum the tester pulled was too much, roughly 20". Must have sucked something loose. Now radiator is leaking. Found the cap gasket was cracked in a few places after all this happened.

Got home, went to grab my oil pan sitting in the lilac out back to put under the drip area, picked it up to find a huge bee's nest and got stung in the face. Great.

Last week replaced the injectors, chip, maf, and translator. Reconnected two grounds that were not hooked up, blocked off EGR. All that went good at least.

Swapped out the brake booster.

After converting to vacuum the brakes were much better than the powermaster but I had an initial hard pedal then normal, but still weak pedal. I installed new front rotors, pads, shoes, drums and replaced the brake hoses with braided lines. Stopping force was much better but still same pedal. I bled the brakes like 6 different times and the pedal feel got firmer, but the initial push still sucked. I even installed a vacuum canister thinking there wasn't even vacuum even though there was about 19 off pedal. There was improvement but the pedal still sucked.

So after not driving it for most of summer I decided to exchange the reman brake booster for another one today and the car stops on a dime and there is no delay in stopping when stepping on the brake pedal. The pedal has a great feel now.

Next is replacing the original, probably clogged radiator

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

got power logger installed on spare ecm, gonna put in TTA today, gonna set cam sensor on the buick and measure for new pushrods thinking of selling it gonna get new engine started in case someone wants to buy it.

Put a nice heavy Bosch reman. starter in the GN on my back in the driveway. :eek:

Now I can drive to work tomorrow if I don't call in sick because I can't move.... ;):p:oops::rolleyes::D

Hammering on the original was no fun last week in the Walmart parking lot near work, but it did the trick since the solenoid was bad.

Fixed the dreaded "no brake lights" condition today. Don't know how long I've been driving around with only the third brake light working. Lol. Only found out when my car could not pass its annual safety inspection. After doing a search to narrow down the possibilities it turned out to be the harmonica connector near the steering column was loose.

Plugs, wires, fuel pump, drained old gas replaced with 100 octane unleaded, trans filter and fluid, rear end fluid, flushed brake fluid, valve cover gaskets.......2 days worth....not as fast as I used to be