What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Since I last posted I've installed a new exhaust system and downpipe. We invited one of her friends over for a 'play date' yesterday.

double_TRs_4.jpg

double_TRs_1.jpg

Jim

Refinished my Front wheels today.:D

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 255
I'm going to replace my rear brakes, wheel cylinder and do a complete flush of the brake fluid. Oh, one more thing... I'll be working on my front suspension too. :D

i tried to get ready for some repairs

i started to put on my front airdam but ran across 2 rusty bolts so i sprayed them and will do it a cuple more times before i attempt them again, also tried lining up my spoiler on the decklid but had nothing that would fit under so i could mark the bolts so i can drill out the holes for mounting, talked to bweavy about some intake questions, and got some of the info i needed

Ive owned mine 3yrs, and only drove it a month a year, because it keeps breaking:mad: . So it should be out the shop soon, because my wife wrecked my mustang 2week ago(still in the shop) My 01 nissan burned to the ground today, and i had to go to the ER yesterday, i dont think i can plie anymore sh*t on my life this year... Oh yeah, did my taxes today, and found that since i got married last year, i now owe $$$ to IRS!!!:mad: Just stick a fork in me im done, thanks for letting me vent,.

What I did to my buick

I started relocating my SMC ALKY under the headlight and installed my Ram Charger fans.

I started relocating my SMC ALKY under the headlight and installed my Ram Charger fans.

Where did you get you're Quad air double pumper from?How do have it set. If you don't mind.:cool:

nevermind I was talking fuel pumps, sorry

Well, my winter mods are mostly complete. Still gotta put the new KYBs on the front and decide if I wanna mess with the linelock or not.

But all the major work was done today. My car now has a new FelPro neoprene rear main seal (it didnt peel), new oil pickup, and a new Edelbrock double roller and GM needle bearing cam button. We cleaned everything real good and put a new FelPro seal in the timing cover. Also tossed on a new Bosch water pump and Goodyear Gatorback belt, and a braided turbo feed while I was there. Also did the rear brakes with the S-10 cylinders and soft shoes. I also removed my external oil cooler so I can have new lines made up, as the old ones were a little long and were hanging too low for comfort. Also regasketed everything (GM timing cover gasket, VERY important), and the old girl is primed with Mobil-1 10w30. We reset the cam sensor and hooked everything back up.

My 36mm IROC swaybar fit with plenty of room, even with the Kirban braces and my adjustable IC shroud. As a side note, the F-Body swaybar bushing brackets do fit, but they took some "massaging" to work. Not much however. I used Energy Suspension stuff for the swaybar.

Tommorow we'll bleed the brakes and put the shocks on and fill it back up with coolant.

Not a bad days worth of work, made SO MUCH EASIER with a lift.:biggrin:

Back from the shop yesterday. Drove the car to work, parked and the bitch wouldn't fire at noon. Diagnosis: loose connector at the ECM. How in the hell does a connector loosen itself sitting in a parking space? I'll wrench most things, but I'll pay $80 / hr for electrical troubleshooting.

Still recovering from the Chrysler cooling fan locking up. Two melted relays and a popped fusible link. F. Link is repaired, the next task is installing fuses between the fans and the relays. Does 20A sound about right?

I was on my back under my girl for 4 hours. Took the wire wheel to the bottom of the body. The wife said i looked like the rust man. Frame off and full resoration.:biggrin:Just the beginning. I found holes that i was not betting on :rolleyes: So i got to do more brazing but out of oxegen. U got to love these 20+ year olds.But some of it is my fault lit them sit for about 8 years.

drove car to the track to day on the drag radials. I filled it up full of 93 octane marathon fuel and drove about a hr to the track lowered the air pressure in the DR's and had fun. i ran a best of 7.83 @ 89.9 mph with a 1.80 60ft @ 15psi of boost. I then drove home and still managed to only burn a little over a 1/4 tank of gas. gotta love a turbo car!

NO ALKY!

you will think I'm crazy!!!

Since I last posted I have Fabbed up a 4" intake pipe and filter with a 3" to 4" inch 45 degree hose at the turbo. Had the intercooler pipes powdercoated, Figured out that i had my turbosaver oil lines crossed up and had to restrict the oil feed to the turbo down to 0.105 to solve a smoking problem. But the big ticket item was cutting out the rollcage and reinstalling regular seatbelts. I just couldnt stand it anymore. Since I have cut it out I have taken the family to two car shows. Nobody but me had ridden in the car since 2005. I figured I could get at least one pass at the track before I get tossed out. But hey.... I havent been to the track in 3 years either.:frown: Next on the list is to finish repairing the T-Top rust i had to cut out and repaint the roof and on top of the windshield. Man I hate body work. :mad: Later. Jeremy

Gone to body shop to take final pics before bringing home......FINALLY!! Been in shop since July 07!! Only thing left to do is some trim pieces, front spoilers and emblems. OH....and don't worry, thats an old plate from previous address....;)

Attachments

• IM001414.jpg
    IM001414.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IM001410.jpg
    IM001410.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IM001416.jpg
    IM001416.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 158
Gone to body shop to take final pics before bringing home......FINALLY!! Been in shop since July 07!! Only thing left to do is some trim pieces, front spoilers and emblems. OH....and don't worry, thats an old plate from previous address....;)
Those are some sticky tires ;)

See the last picture