What do GN owners listen to?

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
I've noticed that many GN owners have a similar attitude about them. Of course, not in all ways, but I was wondering if there is a certain type of music that is predominantly enjoyed by us TR folks. I'm a huge fan of Fear Factory, as well as some good Reverend Horton Heat! ....SO, what's your bad a$$ ride's theme music?

20 views (as I'm typing this) and not a single reply...that's pretty lame, folks.:rolleyes:

Social Distortion......they are different and their sound is distinct, just like TRs. :)

well i really like chevelle, linkin park, wallflowers, collective soul, dope for newer stuff, and enjoy some older stuff such as aerosmith and tom petty:cool:

Theme song? Fuel-Metallica
Well, just about anything Metallica will do.

(Do a search, we've done this thread 2x fairly recently. Maybe thats the reason no one is jumping in this time.)

Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Korn, Disturbed, NIN, 311, STP, StaticX, Rob Zombie, Nirvana, Deftones, System of a down, and many more I can't think of right now..........

Originally posted by 86brick
Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Korn, Disturbed, NIN, 311, STP, StaticX, Rob Zombie, Nirvana, Deftones, System of a down, and many more I can't think of right now..........

damn straight, love that metal stuff.. i like all sorts of 'rock' but i perfer the scary metal stuff... if you get bored.. and you like metal, you should see if you can find any songs by a band called Arch Enemy, man, she is HOT and she sounds evil... i love it... they have a video on headbangers ball called 'we will rise'... at first i didnt think it was her singing, then my g/f told me it was, so i looked them up, and damn, it is her singing...

http://www.archenemy.tv/pictures/la2002.shtml those are some of their pictures...

but bands i like, damn to many to list, but i will go for a few..
System of a down, Marylin Manson, Dry Kill Logic, Soil, Soilwork, Static-x, Pantera, Arch Enemy, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Ill Nino, Puya, Otep, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Murderdolls, Grade 8, Rammestein, December, Mushroomhead, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, Mindless Self Indulgence, Septulra, Soulfly, Dragpipe, Pro Pain, Flaw, Deftones, DevilDriver, MachineHead, KMFDM, Stone Sour, Transplants, Twisted Sister ( :confused: well, i want to rock!), and some of the old school Korn...

thats all i can think of off the top of my head... now if i had a good CD player in my car i would drive around listening to this stuff... oh well, one day.

-Neil

You mean besides the sweet hum of the engine and turbo whistle??

Late 80's - early 90's music of course!....what else? It's a big hair car, nothing like listening to George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone", Duran Duran, The Cure and The Cult from a bad-ass '87 Buick.

If I drove a 2002 Grand Am then I could see tuning into something contemporary....

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
well i really like chevelle, linkin park, wallflowers, collective soul, dope for newer stuff, and enjoy some older stuff such as aerosmith and tom petty:cool:

Amen revrend:cool:

I love all the bands already listed but Im going to add a few more.
-Smashing Pumpkins (night driving)
-AC DC (sunny day with the t-tops off)

Its the greatest thing in the world when you pull up next to a ricer while rocking to "hells bells!!" They just look away :cool:

BOOSTD

How about some of these.

Motley Crue - Kick Start My Heart/Looks That Kill/ Wilde Side
Pantera- Cemetery Gates- Domination-Walk-This Love
Metallica- Seek and Destroy- Fade to Black-One- Sanitarum
ACDC- Back in Black- All night long- Thunderstruck

You guys are going to hate on me
Linkin Park
Evanescence
Judas Priest
Scorpions
Poison
Staind
Suicidal
Styx
Journey
Lynard
Ozzy
Korn

You will really hate now
80 crap
Vice City Sound Track

For you guys that like Manson......why?
I was forced to see him for a friend's birthday.
The freaks at the show were more exciting than than
the ones in the show. The 50 year old guy rave dancing in nothing but and adult diaper stands out!!!! LMAO

Nothing but RAP :p :rolleyes:

Rammstein :cool:
Disturbed
System of a Down
Spineshank
Ill Nino
Rob Zombie
Katatonia
Children of Bodom

just to name a few

I have grown up around music my whole life and playing music and listening to it is a big part of my life. Both of my parents are muscians and so am I.

I love so many groups I couldnt listen to them all and I love many symphonic compositions but I wont go into naming those.

So I guess if I was to make a list of 1950 or newer artist that I listen to I would have to say some of my favorites are, Well, there are many obscure blues and jazz artist I like but not many if any would know them if I started to list them as well. So of well known bands I would have to say.

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
Pink Floyd
John Coletrane
Frank Zappa
Led Zepplin
Sound Garden (Best rock band from the 90's by far)
The Cars
Allman Brothers Band
Jimi Hendrix
Van Halen (WITH DIMOND DAVE)
Cream
Bluesbreakes
Queen
The Beatles
Guns and Roses
AC/DC
The WHO!
Junior Brown
Hank Willams
Johnny Cash
Lynard Skynard (White trash rock at it's finest)
The Doors
etc...... by this point you see where I am going.

Overall of well known groups I like classic rock groups (especially ones with great guitar players) and a few newer groups that are good. To bad there are not many good new groups. I like some country too. To bad there are almost no good country bands any more. And most any jazz or blues artist I can listen too and enjoy.

One more artist I want to mention that is great but not to many know about him. The Reverand Horton Heat. It's like rockabilly on speed! Great guitar player that leads an awsome band.

I don't watch bands anymore but I like to listen to them. ;)

Right now on my playlist is Linda Ronstadt, Mudvayne, and Taproot.

Tons of good music out there. :)

Holy crap!! I forgot about MudVayne!! AWESOM live band!!!

Anyway, about Maralin Manson... Im not realy into his life style but his music ROCKS!! Cant explain it. You just have to like that style (i.e. NIN, Tool, etc.). If you read any of his autobiography, you'll see how screwed up he is. Its all about the shock value.

thought of a fiew more...

-Powerman 5000
-Tool
-Slipknot
-prodigy

BOOSTD