What headgasket is everyone running?

ran stock gaskets with 20-22 lbs on pump gas and 28 + on 110 Yes my car was tuned well for about 5 years but I blew it up last week.:( super clean surfaces then put a very thin coating of axel grease on the gasket both sides it will seal up super tight for a very long time to come. I was tought this trick in the army . the engine heat will make the grease get very hard and help seal. In field emergency you can pull a head with a blown gasket grease it reinstall and get several days service from it. This is NOT b.s seen it work. don't ask me how sure looks like it would make it easier to blow.

Originally posted by gn4u2c
ran stock gaskets with 20-22 lbs on pump gas and 28 + on 110 Yes my car was tuned well for about 5 years but I blew it up last week.:( super clean surfaces then put a very thin coating of axel grease on the gasket both sides it will seal up super tight for a very long time to come. I was tought this trick in the army . the engine heat will make the grease get very hard and help seal. In field emergency you can pull a head with a blown gasket grease it reinstall and get several days service from it. This is NOT b.s seen it work. don't ask me how sure looks like it would make it easier to blow.

what would be the point of making sure the surfaces were super clean?

This sounds like a great idea if were were racing stock army jeeps or hum-v s.

I would not recomend doing this with a turbo buick that make any kind of real hp.

make sure any residue or antifreeze old gasket materil is all off surfaces. agin I would never try to reuse a head gasket only in a life and death sit. It does help seal a gasket though.

Originally posted by Race Jace
??
Also, contrary to popular belief we do not use GE1200 in our kits.

Jason when did you stop using the 1200? When I bought my kit from you last winter it had 1200 in it and it seems to have worked well. What do you use now and what made you switch?

The GE1200 worked well, this new silicon was not available at the time we were using the 1200

The GE silicon we use now is far superior to the 1200 in its adhesion and sealing properties. This new silicon is the silicon specifically designed and manufactured for us for this application by GE.

The grade and type is proprietary. I don’t want what happened with the 1200 to happen with the new stuff. I did not care when it happened with the GE1200 because we already had the new application specific silicon.

FP1007's with receiver grooves in the heads for me and many others here in NorCal.

If you have no machine work done to the heads I would run the RJC head gasket setup as they have been 9's in a few motors. Pretty stout I'd say.

-GNX7