what is a good sealant for E85

austinibew145

what is a good sealant for E85? I was looking for a good way to seal my fuel lines. I took some pipe sealer that wasn't suppose to break down in gas, but seem to in e85. I took the sealer and e85 and mixed them and it thinned out. how dose Teflon tape hold up? any one use a product to seal a leak?

if you've got the stock lines with flare fittings and o ring seals, you shouldn't need any sealer at all.
if something leaks, figure out why.

all new lines mostly an fitting only small leak at tank. leak stops if i crank on it but I would like to add sealer.

yes where the fitting screws in I used Teflon tape. it lost the white color but didn't break down in e85

I assume you're talking about using a sealer on a tapered pipe thread. Teflon tape should do the trick. Yes, it will turn color, but it will hold the seal. I haven't tried anything else as far as a paste or liquid sealers, for the same reason you've already explained. Whenever possible, always try to use a straight pipe fitting with 0-ring. Viton rubber holds up to alcohol well. I'm sure there are other rubbers that hold up well also. It's just that I tried viton, it worked for me, so I stuck with it.