What is it with these cars ?

blipmode188

Seems like these cars are very finicky. Anyway I have a new problem that just cropped up.
It most likely isnt related to the other problem below but just another sideline issue.
Took off the K&N filter for a cleaning. Replaced it and also plugged the mat sensor back up.Took it out and it threw a error code 23 on the scan master
Bigger problem that I have and this one happend before any of this, the car and boost work fine when you take off. By the boost gauge (not the factory one) it shows around 14 or 15 psi.
Then it just flat lines, doesnt shift and the boost stays flat, car does not go any faster.
If I left off the gas for a split second, it seems to shift and then the boost comes back on and it resumes to take off very fast again.
If you just drive the car normal everything shifts like it is supposed to, i.e it shifts through all the gears no problems.
Its is only when you jump on it if that makes any sense ?

Any ideas of what to look for ?

Incidentally this car is primarily stock, stock turbo, maf etc., does have a TT chip though.

Thanks Steve

It'll eventually after a few starts clear the code 23, i had that happen when i had a few months ago cleaned the k&n air filter and then had it pop up code 23 because i had turned the key one click before starting after i had managed to not plug the IAT back in when i put everything back together.
I'm not really sure about your other issue, as it could be a one or more of a few things causing it.
Have you ever seen knock show up on the scanmaster?
How long have you had the condition of it behaving like that?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
second issue sounds like knock retard.... check all of your engine and your trans mount for wear... using a tie down strap on the driver's side if you don't have one or don't have a good mount.

yes these cars are very finicky. it is ALWAYS something, but well worth the effort.

stock trans?

I had a flare in my old trans that happened only at WOT in 1-2.

Shifted fine just cruising. But at WOT it refused to shift until I lifted and hit it again. Engine sounded like it was hitting a rev limiter until I lifted.

Needless to say that trans is now sitting in my yard for spare parts.

Bigger problem that I have and this one happend before any of this, the car and boost work fine when you take off. By the boost gauge (not the factory one) it shows around 14 or 15 psi.
Then it just flat lines, doesnt shift and the boost stays flat, car does not go any faster.
If I left off the gas for a split second, it seems to shift and then the boost comes back on and it resumes to take off very fast again.
If you just drive the car normal everything shifts like it is supposed to, i.e it shifts through all the gears no problems.
Its is only when you jump on it if that makes any sense ?

Any ideas of what to look for ?

Incidentally this car is primarily stock, stock turbo, maf etc., does have a TT chip though.

Thanks Steve

Valve springs are weak. Replace them.