What valve springs with 218-212 roller cam

I finally got around to installing PAC 1201 springs. I took it for a test drive and I still have the abrupt loss of boost / power around 5000-5200rpm. Car feels like you took your foot off the gas even though it's still WOT. I've data logged and it looks like the boost starts to drop out 1st but it's only about 1 frame (TT power logger) before everything else. I think I've replaced every sensor, left the stock style waste gate wide open (only made around 7-10psi at WOT this way) even converted back to MAF from TT speed density (used 2 different computers) I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas ?

Just curious are you sure its not a fuel issue, I question this because if you think its boost pressure bouncing the valve off its seat then boost should be totally in way before that rpm, why isn't doing it down lower and the next question was it the same rpm as before with other springs and less spring pressure.

Just curious are you sure its not a fuel issue, I question this because if you think its boost pressure bouncing the valve off its seat then boost should be totally in way before that rpm, why isn't doing it down lower and the next question was it the same rpm as before with other springs and less spring pressure.

Fuel pressure and AFR seems all good. I have a autometer fuel pressure gauge hooked up and a wide band hooked up. I'm actually running on the rich end at WOT and fuel pressure at the rails never drop

Ignition module/coil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried 3 different stock ignition/coil assemblies. All had the exact same outcome.
Yeah. A friend tried the same last week and the outcome was the same till he tried a known good one and the problem was solved.

Yeah. A friend tried the same last week and the outcome was the same till he tried a known good one and the problem was solved.

2 of the 3 I tried came from running stock motors. Although my motor isn't stock anymore. What kind of HP will the stock modules support? I even tested them with a caspers module tester

2 of the 3 I tried came from running stock motors. Although my motor isn't stock anymore. What kind of HP will the stock modules support? I even tested them with a caspers module tester
A good stock module/coil has and will run well into the 8's if good and primary voltage is good and there's no other issues with the ignition. Seems like the bad ones seem to act up low 5000 rpm range. We duplicated it with one of them using the tester and gap extenders. Good strong spark till it got higher on the rpm then shut off. The car was off about 300hp over 5200rpm

A good stock module/coil has and will run well into the 8's if good and primary voltage is good and there's no other issues with the ignition. Seems like the bad ones seem to act up low 5000 rpm range. We duplicated it with one of them using the tester and gap extenders. Good strong spark till it got higher on the rpm then shut off. The car was off about 300hp over 5200rpm

Brian, can I give you a call tomorrow to pick your brain on this?
I had your number somewhere from the turbo I bought from you last winter.

Brian, can I give you a call tomorrow to pick your brain on this?
I had your number somewhere from the turbo I bought from you last winter.
I'll be tied up all week at BG. I probably won't be answering my phone till at least Friday afternoon

I've got the comp 218-212 roller and I use srp1220.( scorpion) Behive/ 155 lb spring. With 1.65 rockers. Haven't had a issue with them.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 162
I finally got around to installing PAC 1201 springs. I took it for a test drive and I still have the abrupt loss of boost / power around 5000-5200rpm. Car feels like you took your foot off the gas even though it's still WOT. I've data logged and it looks like the boost starts to drop out 1st but it's only about 1 frame (TT power logger) before everything else. I think I've replaced every sensor, left the stock style waste gate wide open (only made around 7-10psi at WOT this way) even converted back to MAF from TT speed density (used 2 different computers) I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas ?
Are you still having issues with this?