whats the best gn gear to run

we2man

I know the gn's come with a good tough 342 gear. But is it the best gear for flat out racing? If not what is?

Im so sick of mustangs and slobras!!!! If another one revs his engine at me i just might go karouwac on his slow a??

how well does your car run?

I am not really a Mustang fan but they have gotten much better......the new ones run very well. There was one at the track last week.......just a tune and cai.....ran a 12.7 on stock tires.....solid low 12 car if he can hook.

Im so sick of mustangs and slobras!!!! If another one revs his engine at me i just might go karouwac on his slow a??

Don't sweat it man,you don't have to race everybody or take on all comers. Its not a battle of sports teams,car companies are corporations that don't care if you live or die-only the bottom line and that they sell you sh*t like current stuff.

Think of it as we're all car guys-particularily american muscle-and that there are bigger foes out there such as people hating you for even driving an antique barge.

Its, Not a love or hate thing id just like to cruise thru town with my wife and kids. without my kids asking me why are they doing that daddy? This isnt 18th century france challenging one another to a duel. I've even got them driving by my house revin up or stopping and taking off hard! I mean come on. My next build should run low 10's hopefully a high nine hope hope. I would never give obscene hand gestures or foul language i geuss i i'll grin and bear it. I really didnt mean to offend anyone!

Naw,absolutely man. I remember driving my Monte SS at a cruise night and there were a group of 5.0's in a parking lot,I thought damn,I want to check out some of these cars so I pulled in...and I got laughing sneers FFS! really?. That was one of my first tastes of "car snobbery" and always told myself never to get like that and spread the universal car love!. Heh heh.

I do not agree on the 3.20 gear comment above. I went with a 3.73 and it brought the 330 and 1/8th mile alive and did not affect the 1/4 at all. Must have a good converter though but the higher numerical gear improves slippage percentage too.

With over 600rwhp (thats rear wheel hp) out a stock 109 block you'll reach the end the 1/4 mile to quick with 3:42's,(if you like a neer gerande it's Great) With the 3:20's you'll pull constant to 150mph ,+ with double the top end power,it's just a prefrence, You all motor's not mine...8^)

Enjoy!

pacecarta said:
you sure? my IQ has been dropping with almost every new post I read
I've been doing te opposite of a lot of what's been posted. I think I'm going to keepbthe results to myself though:)

HelloBozos said:
With over 600rwhp (thats rear wheel hp) out a stock 109 block you'll reach the end the 1/4 mile to quick with 3:42's,(if you like a neer gerande it's Great) With the 3:20's you'll pull constant to 150mph ,+ with double the top end power,it's just a prefrence, You all motor's not mine...8^)

Enjoy!

I'll double my top end power with 3.20's? Wow. What's yr excuse then? If I reach the end of the quarter too quick I'm in a good mood.

It's So Easy, car make more power, car goes distance faster ,Distance Shortens of Top Speed of car,Even an caveman could read that...8^)