whats the best gn gear to run

pacecarta said:
guess ill be spending the day in the garage changing out my gears ...not

Might as well throw in a set of 3.08's. They must be even better than 3.20's

If anything switch to a taller tire and better gearing, like 3.73's. I've taken my 109 to 6700 rpm with no problem on a little 210/210 cam with my 3.42 gears on 25.8 inch tires.

80's car, 80's gear, 55mph national speed limit at that time,Speedo only goes to 85,An now you doubled the HP (over the block limitations), no rocket rear end scientist needed there..8^)..but by all means add set 5:56's an 14 inch rim,,"Nothing" Will touch you the first 60 feet..

HelloBozos said:
Least you have a turbo that will produce the numbers i mentioned,I too own Gt71,anyone reading this under a 55 turbo,Don't worry about it..

Come to CT. I'll race you with a 60-1

i have run 3.23,3.42,3.70,4.10,4.56.that is also the order slowest to quickest.i have another gear in the car right now im testing:)

80's car, 80's gear, 55mph national speed limit at that time,Speedo only goes to 85,An now you doubled the HP (over the block limitations), no rocket rear end scientist needed there..8^)..but by all means add set 5:56's an 14 inch rim,,"Nothing" Will touch you the first 60 feet..
I am a rocket scientist (literally) and I still don't follow that logic. :confused:

in your case ,Apollo 12 vs Space Shuttle...Forgot Rocket scientist don't know crap about cars...lol
brian (bison) and paul (pacecarta) let this one go. we all need you two guys for all the knowledge that you have and your help.
his name says it all BOZO and i recongize that amusment park thats BIZZARRO World.

So I shouldn't pull the 3.08 gear out of my truck and put it in my T? I should be able to do 200mph.

As the topic states, Best rear gear for GN, it should of been more specific, Whats Flat out mean??? For all around ??? or Just the 1/4 milers??? . 1/4 miler's keep the low gear, Hwy people go taller (speed limit's 70 now) But if you don't have the HP also keep the low gears (you need them).....The 3:42's great for 1/4 mile track the 3:20's perfect for the Hwy (with enough HP, the 1/4 mile too) """Stress Enough Horse Power""".."Most" people think there pushing over 600 to rear wheels..when in fact there still in the 500's....an of course there always just changing tire height,Everyone's combinations different, So, The best Gear for a GN is the one for Your combination an Driving Style!!! Period .

brian (bison) and paul (pacecarta) let this one go. we all need you two guys for all the knowledge that you have and your help.
his name says it all BOZO and i recongize that amusment park thats BIZZARRO World.

Want 1/4 mile talk to them, Want past it, I'm the Clown!!