When should I put in injectors?

smokingunz

Hey everyone, just asking when should I add new injectors? I dont believe there is a problem with my stockers but they are 27yrs old and have a 100k on them. I have a set of msd 50s and an old thumbwheel chip that I ca install but was kind of thinking I would get a TTchip for the injectors + alky when I add the alky, probably next spring? SO should I just stick with my stockers for now or go ahead and put them in? Will I notice any difference, is it worth the effort right now? Thanks

Travis

I would change them yesterday, if not sooner. And if you plan on running used 50's send them to Chuck first for a clean bill of health.

I would change them yesterday, if not sooner. And if you plan on running used 50's send them to Chuck first for a clean bill of health.
;0

Yesterday huh...so your saying sooner the better:) got it! So tell me why exactly, and will it be a change I feel or the security of the newer/bigger injector? Also, Chuck...a member here or??

Chuck Leeper on here is the injector expert. I would say you'll notice a difference with a new chip and injectors, but not necessarily a performance gain. More of a smoothness in idling and overall drive ability. The newer chips also provide some adjustability in timing and fueling, so I suppose you could bet a performance gain from the swap.
If you're going alky injection, 42's are good, but many go with 60's.
If you're thinking about e85, 60's absolute bare minimum, 80's are better, and 120's to never worry about them again (except to clean them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck Leeper on here is the injector expert. I would say you'll notice a difference with a new chip and injectors, but not necessarily a performance gain. More of a smoothness in idling and overall drive ability. The newer chips also provide some adjustability in timing and fueling, so I suppose you could bet a performance gain from the swap.
If you're going alky injection, 42's are good, but many go with 60's.
If you're thinking about e85, 60's absolute bare minimum, 80's are better, and 120's to never worry about them again (except to clean them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will give CHuck a shout! I have a TT chip now but not for stock injectors, I guess I could have it burned again while I was just using the chip that came with the Injectors.

Chuck was gonna be out for a bit, an unexpected PITA problem came up. Hehehe.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Getting your injectors services isn't exactly a 'performance' mod.... Then again, if one of them causes you to blow an engine, I guess avoiding that is kind of a 'more performance' thing.

Is Chuck still doing the "buttsecks probe thing for persons over 150"?

Last edited:
That's just mean, poor chuck.
Hope he recovers quickly and can resume doing whatever he wants to do soon. He is missed around here.

not sure on the mean part. He might like the buttsecks. To each their own.

All I know is he needs to hurry up and get it out of his system (see what I did there? :) ). I've got some injectors that need to be flowed!

He sees some of the posts and he might stay away longer than he has to.
But he probably doesn't expect anything less around here at times.

Getting your injectors services isn't exactly a 'performance' mod.... Then again, if one of them causes you to blow an engine, I guess avoiding that is kind of a 'more performance' thing.

Is Chuck still doing the "buttsecks probe thing for persons over 150"?
DOOOOD...TMI !!! lol

Would you guys run the injectors ith the thumbwheel chip that came with them or wait until I can get a TT chip doen...witch I was hoping to do with an alky system??

Would you guys run the injectors ith the thumbwheel chip that came with them or wait until I can get a TT chip doen...witch I was hoping to do with an alky system??

I would wait and the Modern Chip from TT and get it set up like what you are going to run , also go to the modern injectors and get rid of the old school injectors , 42lbs or 60lbs from TT are very nice and work great

I would wait and the Modern Chip from TT and get it set up like what you are going to run , also go to the modern injectors and get rid of the old school injectors , 42lbs or 60lbs from TT are very nice and work great
I understand about the chip, but you think I should pitch my msd 50s??