where is the best place for a hobbs switch..........

ONE_QUIK_6

Still lookn' for a recipe
Title says it all, but where is everyone mounting there hobbs switch? I have actually considered tapping a hole in the back of my intake doghouse and putting it there, but wanted to hear what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

Zak

Mine is not in the best place for sure, right now it is zip tied to a a/c pipe. I am going to move it this winter so I would like to hear some suggestions. I am trying to stirke a balance between boost lines running all over the place and wires to the pump tied everywhere. My pump is right underneath the o/f bowl

You mean where did I tap into? Well thats a good question, because the first time I tapped in behind the solenoid and wierd things were happening, came on at 6 psi, then 15psi, etc. So I had to go way over on the drivers side and tap in, cant think of the exact line right now. I want to shorten that line this winter, I'm sure it isnt helping my spool up any. But the system is dead on consistent now, and I set the switch with a Mity Vac and it correlated perfectly with my boost gauge:cool:

I installed my JC alky kit 3 years ago, never really used it, (wasted 400 bucks) but at least I have a plenum spacer....but anyway, I tapped in on the driver side boost line (to the gage) and screwed the switch down to the plastic fender cover where my alarm siren is also screwed into, It came on when I wanted it to, and since then it hasnt fallen off, and its right there next to the alternator for the power wire.
Dan