Which cars can you transplant these motors?(pics)

doin a hybrid in a "G" body is no big deal.. anything else like a RX7 , Datsun, or a Mustang will take some work and a lot of time .. $$$$ nahhhh.:rolleyes::p

the motor bolts into a Vega or monza, but the trans/torque arm mounting might be a little work unless you get an early Vega that has the 4 link suspension.

A buddy dropped his in an extended s10.
After a few mods he finally got 167mph at 8.67 seconds.

Cash for clunkers should leave a lot of v8 Regals with good front clips around for about 6 months - flat hood would be a sleeper or get an after market fiberglass or composite hood.

ugggh, a 70's Comet or Maverick, to me those cars are just plain ugly, and I beleive that is a ford 8" not a 9 incher in there, but as always, JMHO.

Ron

What about something like this?

Attachments

• betty%20001.jpg
    betty%20001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 342
Sorry for your accident . I have an 88 mitsu. pickup with a 76 turbo 3.8 and turbo 350 trans . The truck came with a 3.90 rear end that I can't break , and more than enough brakes to stop me . I used every thing from the regal , Rad. fan shroud , eng. trans., crossmember,and drive shaft yolk ' The truck has been a daily driver , a tow truck ( does better than you would think ) And sleeper , Fun passing some hot rod while pulling a trailer kind of fun .The whole rig weighs about 2,600 lbs , and has lasted for over 18 years .I believe most of the other Jap. trucks could be used, for a different body style . The bad : Low gears and low profile tires cause high rpm highway speeds ( spare set of tall tires for trips ) Problems in translation A/C lines , GM compressor to Mitsu. condensor, A/C shop custom lines were cheap . Buick oil and temp. to Mitsu. gauges . Center of temp. means its hot should run close to cold Oil light goes on and off as it should .Other wise you couldn't tell it from any other Mini. inside or out . I love my truck hope you find one you'll like too. Bobby .

I have a 72 maverick grabber with a 302 that I blew up in HS and a spare lc2 an 200 trans on the floor just no time. Ive thought about the idea off an on.

Sorry for your accident . I have an 88 mitsu. pickup with a 76 turbo 3.8 and turbo 350 trans . The truck came with a 3.90 rear end that I can't break , and more than enough brakes to stop me . I used every thing from the regal , Rad. fan shroud , eng. trans., crossmember,and drive shaft yolk ' The truck has been a daily driver , a tow truck ( does better than you would think ) And sleeper , Fun passing some hot rod while pulling a trailer kind of fun .The whole rig weighs about 2,600 lbs , and has lasted for over 18 years .I believe most of the other Jap. trucks could be used, for a different body style . The bad : Low gears and low profile tires cause high rpm highway speeds ( spare set of tall tires for trips ) Problems in translation A/C lines , GM compressor to Mitsu. condensor, A/C shop custom lines were cheap . Buick oil and temp. to Mitsu. gauges . Center of temp. means its hot should run close to cold Oil light goes on and off as it should .Other wise you couldn't tell it from any other Mini. inside or out . I love my truck hope you find one you'll like too. Bobby .

Nice sleeper.

I am going to take the front clip off this weekend.And check out the damage.How hard is to take off?What all needs to be unhooked for it to come off?Never took one off.

With all the good donor / parts cars that will be showing up partially due to Cash For Clunkers, or just how cheap you can get a used Regal just do the right thing and fix it. If done right it would probably be worth more (to a greater # of people) if you were to sell it.

I know I have bought a few Cutlass for $500-700, all ran good and all were rust free. Should be able to get a non-runner for $200. Bam! There you could have fenders, hood (pick up a turbo hood later), header, grill, frame. Would be comparable labor involved as swapping into something else and probably cost less. These cars come apart pretty easily, you can do it.